Bar Waiter f/m
Wanderlust? Working and living onboard river cruise ships – experience your #WorldClassMoments!
River cruises offer new perspectives, destinations and challenges every day. Take the opportunity of gaining special insights into the ports and cultures of Europe. Follow the Danube to Vienna, admire the Eiffel Tower from the Seine and explore St. Petersburg with your new colleagues. With enthusiasm and motivation for your job you will have the best career opportunities – with commitment and team spirit you will make friendships for life.
Discover the most beautiful ports in Europe onboard the river ships operated by sea chefs.
Welcome on board – Welcome to our World. Class. Team.
- Responsible for the work flow in the assigned area in close cooperation with the Bar Keeper.
- Strict adherence to all agreed regulations (HACCP, ISM/ISO), especially with regard to security, environment and hygiene regulations in his/her area of responsibility
- Serving of all bar beverages in strict adherence to the set recipes and standards
- Service assistance in the Restaurant if needed
- Always aim at continuous improvement
- Careful handling of the company's properties
- Preparation of Coffee time set-up and Light lunch buffet in the Restaurant.
- Minimum age 21 years
- Flexible, trustworthy, efficient, reliable, able to work under pressure
- Cost and quality awareness
- Team player
- Communication skills, especially when dealing with passengers
- Respectful, friendly and professional conduct towards passengers and crew
- Living up to service
- Good manners, well-groomed appearance
Qualification / Experience
- Qualified training in a hotel or in a restaurant, or documented relevant experience
- Relevant job experience
- Good knowledge of Bar and Restaurant service
- Good knowledge of all beverages (including wine) served in a bar
- Fluent in spoken English and/or German, depending on the vessel
- Good educational background
Area of responsibility
- Assigned duties in the Bar and/or Restaurant service area
Deputy in case of absence
- Another Bar Waiter
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (84)
- Galley Jobs (204)
- Restaurant Jobs (75)
- Beverages Jobs (62)
- Provisions Jobs (14)
- Deck Jobs (69)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (112)
- Guest Services Jobs (50)
- Retail Jobs (34)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (42)
- Child Care Jobs (15)
- Entertainment Jobs (141)
- Photography Jobs (27)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (17)
- Casino Jobs (23)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Management Jobs (29)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (30)
- Other Cruise Jobs (19)