Rigging support Staff (for theatre)
We are currently seeking on behalf of the world’s biggest cruise lines including Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean for qualified Rigging Support Staff. This is a great position for anyone with a passion for working in theatre whilst travelling to some of world’s most exciting destinations and gaining valuable life and work experience.
- Our Rigging Support Staff are responsible to assist the rigging specialists with the setup and operation of the production and entertainment programs, and are also responsible to assist with regular maintenance and inspection of the Foy Flying Equipment and stage rigging systems.
Primary duties include:
- Assists the rigging specialist with ongoing maintenance of stage rigging and Foy systems.
- Also assists with the troubleshooting and repair of this equipment.
- May perform work utilizing climbing/rescue harness equipment 20-100 feet off the floor.
- Safely works with entertainer flying systems, silks, props and harness equipment.
- Helps maintain the artistic standards and intentions of the producer, director and technical designer for the production and centrum shows
- Works with the rigging specialist to conduct weekly inspections of all rigging systems with special attention paid to safety systems and features
- Have a valid passport
- Minimum age 21 years old
- One or two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
- Must have experience with stage productions
- Background in electrical, technical, light and sound preferred
- Ability to perform minor theatrical repair work such as carpentry and painting
- Ability to assist cast members with costume changes
- Relevant education preferred
- Food & Accommodation
- Travel to and from the ship
- Medical centre on board – free treatment if you are unwell or hurt
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for advancement
- Ability to travel and see some amazing destinations
- Meet people and make friends from all over the world
How to apply:
- When sending your up to date CV/resume please ensure you include the various equipment you have experience with (i.e. manual or automated rigging, flying people etc) and include a recent photo of yourself.
- 1 Written work references is required (if you don't have this yet, you can send this later)
- Please confirm you have a valid passport and as of what date you would be able to start work, if hired
If found qualified we will get back to you as soon as possible via e-mail, SKYPE and/or text message.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Housekeeping Jobs (58)
- Galley Jobs (122)
- Restaurant Jobs (46)
- Beverages Jobs (51)
- Provisions Jobs (14)
- Deck Jobs (42)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (73)
- Guest Services Jobs (33)
- Retail Jobs (20)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (38)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (21)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (14)
- Medical Jobs (14)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (17)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (9)
- Administration Jobs (19)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (11)