Hotel Inventory Controller - 5* Cruise Line
We are looking for an organised experienced Hotel Inventory Controller for our 5* Cruise Line client - do you have previous experience as a Storekeeper / Provisions
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- To ensure that necessary consumables for the operation are always on board, whilst ensuring that stock levels are kept to a reasonable level and orders are placed in a timely manner whilst adhering to the loading schedule to avoid unnecessary logistic costs. The HIC ensures a smooth distribution and ensures that correct expenditures are accounted for in the inventory system.
- Responsible for receiving, distributing and storing all products belonging to the cruise line;
- Reports costs of inventory taken by concessionaires to Chief Purser / Guest Services Manager for charging of items
- Ensures that storerooms are kept in a clean, organized and presentable state at all times;
- Assists with requests from shore side office such as measurements, picture taking, cycle counts, fuel consumption and receiving etc.;
- Assists with passport handout to guests and crew
- Assists Crew Purser or 2nd Purser with immigration documents when required
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Responsible for requisitioning, ordering, issuing and maintaining accurate inventory of all hotel stock items;
- Maintains accurate stock levels in the MXP inventory system at all times;
- Closes the inventory period in the MXP inventory system and prepares respective inventory reports for Hotel, Medical and Fuel as directed by shoreside office;
- Monitors and maintains per cruise budget and year to date budget set up by the shore side office;
- Conducts cycle counts twice a month as directed by shoreside offices;
- Maintains accurate fuel inventory records
- Incorporates Service standards of behavior in daily work
- Maintains positive relationships with colleagues
- MS Office
- Fidelio Cruise
- MXP Inventory Management
- Ship's experience required;
- Previous experience as storekeeper or any provision position
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
If you wish to be considered, please apply ASAP
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.