Fleet Safety Training Officer / SAGA Cruises
FLEET SAFETY TRAINING Officer for SAGA - cruise vessel SPIRIT OF DISCOVERY
Start date ASAP
Salary = £30,000 / per annum
Contract 18 months - fixed term contract
To have sailed or worked in a marine related role with proven experience safety training and management of training plans
Train The Trainer certification
Line Managers; Senior Fleet Safety Training Officer/V.Ships Marine Superintendent (ashore)
Direct Reports; None
- They will be the designated Ship's Safety Trainer and will work closely with the Safety Officer on-board
- They will deliver MCA approved courses such as PSCRB, Crowd & Crisis Management, PST, but these need to be approved prior to delivery by an external authority
- Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Emergency Response Training including Induction and all occupational health safety training (Manual Handling, Working at height, Safe Chemical usage, PPE, Scaffolding, Intoximeter, Evac Chair, Risk Assessment, COSHH, Motorised Pallet Truck etc)
- To assist in improving the learning effectiveness of drills, exercises and evolutions and provide 'in-situ' feedback by way of a verbal de-brief.
- Provide comprehensive written debrief notes to the Safety Officer recommending any additional training to rectify any procedural or practical shortcomings in crew drills or exercises.
- Recommend to and arrange with the Safety Officer any additional 'Bespoke' training as a result of recognised shortcoming identified during Drills, Evolutions or Exercises.
- Review any training requirements as a result of all Internal and External Audit findings relating to Emergency Response Duties & Health and Safety and provide solutions to rectify and avoid reoccurrence
- Take a pro-active role in preventing and reducing the occurrences of accidents, near misses, hazardous incidences and safety related audit findings through the provision of targeted training.
- Promote and assist the Safety Officer in maintaining a safety culture on-board.
- Working with the Safety Officer they will plan and run the partial & Full Crew Drills and also produce drill reports
- They will liaise with all departments and produce a weekly training program to meet the training requirements of the ship, department and individual.
- Help produce training courses for approval by Shore Management
- When on-board, attend all Safety Committee meetings
- Assist Snr FSTO with collating relevant data for office reports where directed
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the line manager.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the line manager.
- Other shipboard tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by line manager.
- Attending trainings and office visits arranged by V.Ships where possible
- Accommodation Jobs (118)
- Beauty Jobs (63)
- Casino Jobs (45)
- Child Care Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (82)
- Engine Jobs (144)
- Entertainment Jobs (182)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (482)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (79)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (24)
- Office Jobs (60)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Retail Jobs (42)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (28)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (22)
- Other Jobs (16)