An Awesome Spa Manager / Hairstylist Role on a Marvellous Cruise Liner
Hi and hope you are well and having a SUPER DAY!
I am DELIGHTED to share with you a NEW OPPORTUNITY which is really EXCITING. I hope you don't mind me sharing the OPENING, I just wanted to ensure you DON'T MISS OUT!
Here are the GREAT bits:
- Role: Hands On Senior Spa Manager As A Hairstylist Too!
- Company: An AWESOME 4* Cruise Line team, sailing the globe! (not Steiner or Canyon Ranch)
- Duties: Hairstylist hands on!
Leading a team of up to 4; including 1 hairstylist, fitness instructor and massage therapist
Responsible for the daily operation of beauty salon, saunas, fitness centre and massage rooms.
- Start date: Soon!
- Reports to: Corporate Spa Manager shoreside and onboard Hotel Manager
- Ship: I'll share this with you on application
- Website: Super stylish, shared on application
- Required: Valid STCW's from a shoreside training centre plus a Seaman's' book too
- Tattoos: If you have any tattoos, please tell me!
- Rotation: 5/1 rotation
- Flights: Free of charge by the host company
- Berthing: Single cabin
- Benefits: Officer privileges
- Salary: Euro €1800 /$2000US / £1580UK paid 12 months of the year = $24,000US per annum YES FULL VACATION PAY!
- Note: This is NOT a retainer salary like some other firms offer. This is a guaranteed basic wage
- Bonus: Retail potential - 2% commission on services in £, 5% commission on retail in £ and $5USA per day extra when they reach target. Commission and tips paid onboard. $20USD for union membership
- Products: The spa works with Schwarzkopf for hair, Thalgo for body and face and OPI for nails.
YOU The MARVELLOUS Candidate
- You will have recently (in the last 6 months) worked at sea in a Spa – maybe with Steiner, Canyon Ranch, SeaDream or similar
- You will be a skilled and working HAIRSTYLIST
- You will have most likely managed a team before…either shipboard or shoreside…or maybe you are ready for your first management role?!
- You will be available to start a new opportunity in a few weeks’ time; so will most likely be currently shore-based
- You will most likely have STCW Certificates (but if not, it’s not a deal-breaker)
- Your CV will have all of your current and up to date contact details on, including your SKYPE ID and telephone number
- You will be SPARKLING in personality
The Super Role Overview
Responsible for the daily operation of Beauty Salon, Saunas, Fitness and Massage Rooms. Additional responsibilities include health and safety, administration, accounting, maintaining service levels and managing SPA Staff.
The role involves:
- Developing and implementing business plans for the department
- Ensuring that all guests are receiving courteous and efficient service
- Developing and implementing plans to achieve customer service objectives
- Following up with guests to determine customer satisfaction level
- Following, implementing and monitoring safety regulations
- Promoting sales
- Completing stock taking at the end of every month and effectively managing cost of sales
- Providing employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Creating 100% guest satisfaction by providing employees with the training and resources they need to maximize employee engagement
- Seeking opportunities to improve the customer experience by seeking customer feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel service
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.