OCEAN - Stateroom Steward/ess
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Reporting to the Assistant Housekeeper
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of approximately 12-20 Guest Staterooms and Suites as per established VOC standards.
- Handle guest’s request or complaints.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
Clean Guest cabins twice daily; day service and turndown service; 12-20 cabins per day; within 5 hours on each shift this includes but is not limited to:
- Making beds
- Cleaning bathrooms & toilets
- Cleaning windows and mirrors
- Replenishing linens, towels and room amenities
- Ensuring general maintenance of stateroom
- Cleaning stateroom balconies
- Removal/breakdown of room service trays, dishes and glassware
- Garbage handling and separation
- Ice deliveries
- Guest laundry
- Shoeshine service
- Clean assigned Guest corridors, trolleys and lockers
- Handle and distribute Guest luggage on embarkation days and in the evening before debarkation
- Create “Memorable moments” in guest staterooms by acknowledging birthday, special requests etc
- Report all deficiencies for repair and maintenance using shipboard reporting systems
- Work with various chemicals and cleaning tools
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader
- Luggage duties
- Housekeeping experience cleaning 12-20 rooms twice daily
- Previous experience working in an operation with high standards of Guest service and
- cleanliness such as 5 star deluxe hotels or ships
- Ship experience necessary
- Ability to interact with Guests
- Strong Guest Services focus and follow up
- Excellent English communication skill both spoken and written
- Outgoing personality
- Able to handle and use chemicals and cleaning tools
- Be able to work in a standing position for a long periods of time
- Must be physically able to handle 50+ lbs
- Knowledge of USPH procedures
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.