OCEAN - Utility Cleaner
Report to: Kitchen Steward, Head Utility Cleaner
To clean and maintain the Galleys tidy on a daily basis following the cleaning schedule established by the Management onboard.
- To handle all the Cleaning materials, chemicals and machinery necessary for the daily operation.
- Must participate in a training program in order to develop his skills in view for future promotions.
- Must be able to work with Cleaning Machinery, assigned by the ship. This will include training for the different machinery onboard.
- Must follow at all times the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations.
- To assist with loading or provisions as directed.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and any other ship’s property that he/she is working with, to be responsibly minded for the breakage and loss of any equipment.
- To use only ship’s authorized chemicals in the way and manner they’ve been instructed to.
- To attend departmental meetings and trainings when requested
Personal hygiene and appearance
- Take a shower before the commencement of one’s shift
- Have trimmed and neat haircut.
- Have at all times short and clean fingernails
- Be always neat / well groomed and shave
- Only delicate / appropriate jewelry to be worn
- To perform all duties other than above as requested by his/her Supervisor.
- Follow on board safety and security rules / regulations (SMS). Attend to schedules Safety Drills.
Education / Training
- Elementary and middle school (8th grade) or higher. Experience and/or training in the hospitality field considered a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret English. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Experience / Skills / Character
- Must be able to work unsupervised and to a fixed time of schedule.
- Must be reliable, honest and friendly.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.