OCEAN - Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Housekeeper
Assist the Stateroom Host\ess with the overall cleanliness and upkeep of Guests stateroom, Suites, corridors and pantries as per VOC standards
- Responsible to bring any items required to and from other areas for the upkeep of the sections
- Cleaning bathroom & toilets
- Cleaning of pantries areas to USPH standards
- Cleaning and vacuuming of corridors
- Removal of food trays to designated pantry
- Daily cleaning of stateroom balcony, windows and furniture
- Ice delivery
- Trash/Garbage collection
- Keeping the lockers properly stock of clean linen, towels, cleaning materials and amenities up to par level
- Daily transportation and collection of clean\dirty towels/linen to /from the laundry to their designated section
- Delivery and collection of Guest laundry
- Shoeshine service
- Reporting maintenance issues
- Daily interact with our guests and assist them
- Handle and distribute guest luggage
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader
- Luggage duties
- 1-2 years of previous work experience in the capacity of Asst. Stateroom Steward
- Previous ship experiences necessary
- Display friendly professional personality and Team work
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasked environment, handling multiple requests simultaneously
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and their application
- Knowledge of proper cleaning technique requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of USPH\sanitation procedures
- Experience working in a high guest service contact
- Excellent English communication skill both spoken and written
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift 50lbs and run up and down stairs multiple times during the day
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.