OCEAN - Pastry Cook
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Preparation of standard pastry (creams, sponge cakes, basic dough, fillings, ice cream, etc.) that require basic professional pastry skills.
- Preparing basic pastry items.
- Basic knowledge in pastry.
- Good equipment handling skills (piping bag, knife handling etc).
- Be able to take on basic tasks (creams, ice creams, preparation of basic dough).
- Must have a confirmed culinary background from an international brand hotel (pastry experience is required).
- Must be proficient in effective tasking, be productive and work efficiently.
- Be cost conscious and avoid wastage.
- Prepare pastry goods such as sponge cakes, basic dough, creams, fillings etc.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow recipes.
- Will work in any section assigned by their supervisor; the section can change at any given time for training purposes and/or in convenience to the operation.
- Maintain immaculate cleanliness of his/her working station at all times.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Must be familiar with Ship Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Drills
- Must have a pleasant and courteous personality, be well groomed and presentable.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Requires a minimum of five years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants). Must possess basic pastry skills in order to perform duties productively.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work.
- Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.