OCEAN - Second Purser Admin
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To organize the ship’s clearance in every port of call by preparing the necessary paperwork in a timely manner with Viking Ocean Cruises for both Passenger and crew and ensuring we meet all custom / immigration requirements, along with the ship Clearance.
- Facilitates prompt processing of legal documents (guest manifest; crew list) with port authorities by preparing required paperwork.
- Responsible for all clearance related matters and communication with port agents.
- Assisting the Chief Purser for Clearance of vessel for crew & Passenger on arrival into port and departure.
- Responsible for any Crew and Passenger medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team, support from HR and Chief Purser.
- Maintenance of Crew & Passenger manifests for on board safety regulations and International requirements (i.e. Shore passes etc.)
- Diligent completion of signing off and on process for all crew members in MXP with the support of the HR Manager.
- Assisting the Crew Purser by organizing ground arrangements for any signing On/Off crew members.
- Ensure vessel distribution via mail of Crew & Passenger manifest information.
- Ensure that all passports (Crew & Passenger) hold valid visas and updating this info in MXP.
- Ensure crew Seaman’s Books are completed with proper embarkation dates.
- Ensure that all equipment for check-in is proper charged and ready to use on embarkation day.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
Supervisor: Crew Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the Pursers department on board a vessel.
- Fluent English language, written and spoken. Additional language is an advantage.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge (MSWord, Excel. Outlook) MXP is an advantage
- Knowledge of Clearance and Visa requirements in international waters for both crew & passengers.
- International experience / shipboard experience is required
- Ability to work independently, positive, approachable personality, professional appearance, excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.