PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide direction; support; guidance and coordinate the Housekeeping and Laundry operations consisting of approximately 90-100 Officers and Crew. Financial performance of the department
- Responsible for leading and supporting a multi-cultural team of Housekeeping Managers and crew and laundry Team, ensuring the highest level of guest and crew satisfaction and productivity.
- Will provide the highest levels of comfort and hospitality to guests and ensure impeccable standards of cleanliness and hygiene in all areas, as per VOC standards.
- Achieve maximum guest satisfaction and organizational profitability as set by VOC standards.
- Will provide leadership for all direct reports; Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing personnel files
- Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed
- Ensuring MLC compliance
- Onboard training
- Succession planning
- Crew recognition and communication
- Manage and ensure the financial performance of Housekeeping department are on target.
- Ensure a safe and fair work environment.
- Oversee inventory control and approve purchase order and requisitions.
- Ensure full adherence to USPH standards.
- Monitor reports such as Voyage\cruise report to identify opportunity to improve guest service and satisfaction.
- Facilitate department meetings.
- Perform regular inspection of all Housekeeping areas to ensure compliance with VOC standards.
- Perform regular inspections of the main laundry facility.
- Monitor the routine maintenance of staterooms, public areas, crew areas and laundry facilities.
- Participate in various Department Head meeting.
- Participate in shipboard inspection as required.
- Partnership with other departments.
- Meet daily with Team Leaders to provide feedback and operational updates.
- Follow through direct report day to day work.
- Identifies issues\concerns and find solution for improvement.
- Ensure all Human Resources related issues are handle properly and fairly as per VOC standards.
- Demonstrate professionalism and be a good role model for subordinates.
- Handle guest and Crew challenges in an efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace with emphasis on employee health and fire\chemical safety.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Minimum five years’ experience as Executive Housekeeper with 5 stars plus ships operation of 500 + cabin.
- Business Administration or Hotel Management degree preferred.
- Dry-dock\New build experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of USPH.
- Knowledge of laundry operation.
- Proven experience leading a large multicultural team.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Human Resources process and procedures.
- Demonstrated strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, self-motivation and follow through.
- Strong partnering, networking and relationship skills.
- Career shows a steady progress in Housekeeping.
- Ability to understand needs of front-line leaders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC based databases, spread sheets, and word processing systems.
- Team builder with excellent motivational skills and coaching ability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.