OCEAN - Assistant Laundry Master
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Laundry Master; Assists the Laundry Master with the day-to-day laundry operation; Perform Laundry Master duties during his absence
- Handles the officers’ clothing, guest laundry, crew laundry and uniforms and makes a final inspection before returning the customers.
- Assists other laundry member to finish their jobs when his/her own works has finished.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Laundry Master or Executive Housekeeper
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a laundry including 2 years on board. Capacity of min 500+ cabin.
- Good command of English
- Knows the operation of all machines and equipment’s in laundry.
- Knows the stain removal technique.
- Understands of various stains & chemical reactions.
- Understands of various differentiations of fabrics.
- Knowledge of Dry Cleaning machine operation.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.