PORTUGAL - Chef de Rang m/f
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure a friendly and professional service in the restaurant, bar, lounge and the sundeck to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and in accordance with Viking Standards and Operating Procedures.
This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future accordingly. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Professional welcoming and sales orientated service in restaurant, bar, lounge and on the sundeck
- Fully responsible for the correct use of the MXP WOS (Wait Order System)
- Operation of all PSO procedures according to company standards
- Execution of all F&B activities including functions and special events as laid out by management
- Quality control of the lunch setups in the restaurant and lounge
- Ensuring highest level of cleanliness within restaurant, bar, pantry, lounge, sundeck in accordance with HACCP standards
- Inventory according to company procedures, correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (as required)
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day, and participation in loadings
- Following the Wait Order System (WOS) procedures
- Participate in the departmental “Daily Reunion”
- Ability to effectively and professionally deal with internal & external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflict
- Participating in the daily menu presentation
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work different times of the day, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking
- Be fully proficient and knowledgeable about the F&B Operations, including but not limited to menu cycle, function sheets, wine menu, whisky menu, bar menu and suite amenity program
- Become knowledgeable about all itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
- Full knowledge of the daily program
- Ensure excellent knowledge about the SSPB program
- Positively contribute in achieving / succeeding the KPI goals (quality and financial) for the Restaurant, and the entire Food and Beverage Department
- Strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
- Minimum High School diploma. Degree with hospitality focus in addition preferred
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience required in an upscale cruise line or hotel of comparable size in the similar position in the scope of the bar operation
- Fluent in English - must be able to address any kind of information in an adequate manner with excellent oral English communication skills
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organizational needs and operational demands
- Guest focused, service oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
- Extensive wine – and bar knowledge
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
Position: Chef de Rang
Supervisor: Maître D’Hotel
Gives instructions to: Restaurant –and Bar Crew
Receives instructions from: Maître D’Hotel, Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager, Corporate Chef
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
THE VIKING STORY
More than 20 years ago, Viking® set the standard for what river cruising should be, and today we are the leader that all others follow. In 2015, we took the same small ship, destination-focused experience to the seas and reinvented ocean cruising. Over the years Viking has won numerous ocean and river cruise line awards from Condé Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic, Travel + Leisure, Travel Weekly and more.
Viking is a strong and dynamic company—with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels cruising over 100 itineraries around the world.
JOIN THE VIKING FAMILY
If you have always dreamed of combining your love of travel with the ability to grow your career, consider a position at Viking. We are the world’s leading small ship cruise line, and there is tremendous potential to advance your career with us. As part of our crew, when your ship is docked at the many destinations we visit, you can explore ashore and refresh during your free time.
Additionally, with Viking’s award-winning service and thoughtfully curated onboard experiences, our guests are typically very satisfied. This, combined with Viking’s gratuity guidelines, means that you can expect to be well rewarded as an employee on board a Viking ship.