PORTUGAL - Tour Escort m/f
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure fullest guest satisfaction, coordinate all shore-excursion activities, organization of guest entertainment programs and compliance with the product book and all included programs and services.
This document is not a define overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
Onboard DutiesOrganization of embarkation and transfer assistance for disembarkation
- Ensuring smooth operation of transfers (transfer / luggage / times)
- Coordination of airport representative and assisting with guest travels
- Handling / filing of cruise / land reports & daily program
- Managing and filing vendor vouchers & onboard bookings
- Promoting Easy Survey cards and shore-excursion questionnaires
- Organizing and presenting guest entertainment (games / port talks / presentations)
- According to the cruise layout & active guest relation
- Responsible for all public announcements (including bridge commentary)
- Facilitating and assisting guests with onboard cruise bookings
- Handling guest complaints
- Supporting the Front Desk with guest service duties
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, local guides …)
- Instructing and briefing local guides prior to shore-excursion
- Accompanying all excursions led by local guides
- Commentary on the coaches and local guiding in pre-defined towns / sites according to Cruise Layout and Storyboard
- Presenting and promoting all shore-excursions
Graduated education within hotel / tourism industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in a management position / tour guidance
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English and Portuguese skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Must work independently, profound computer knowledge
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Stress resistance, flexibility, team player
- Outstanding flexibility and ability to co-operate within the entire ship team and under pressure is a must
- Ability to lead guests in the most professional way, including but not limited to, crowd management and professional hosting, as well as representing the Company as a Viking Ambassador even in the most challenging circumstances, always in a professional way
- Achieves/succeeds the KPI goals set for the Program Director position
- Actively participates in achieving shore excursions, enrichment and financial KPI goals
- Strongly motivates and contributes to achieve the company goals and objectives
Full knowledge about safety & security procedures, participation in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Adhere to Uniform Regulation
- Study Program Director Manual and other job related documents
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
Position: Tour Escort
Supervisor: Program Director, Hotel Manager, Corporate Enrichment and
Gives instructions to: Guest services, Guest Services Manager,
Local Tour Guides, and other shore side Viking staff
Receives instructions from: Program Director, Hotel Manager, Corporate Enrichment and
Program Manager, Corporate Operations Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.