IT Support Specialist - EU Passport holders only
The position of IT Support Specialist assists in the IT operations onboard the vessel supporting all Hotel
related computer equipment, with a particular focus on, but not limited to, technology and equipment in
- Assembles and configures basic network components.
- Performs basic troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common problems, including, but not limited to, in-stateroom equipment for In-Stateroom Entertainment (ISE, including Interactive TV) and telephone problems (IT-Managed PBX).
- Image in-stateroom equipment for ISE/ITV.
- Ensures proper installation and provides first-level support for all IT-supported PC’s and peripherals including ShipNet workstations, Internet café workstations (Mac or PC), and devices supporting ISE/ITV and Digital Signage.
- Installs, set up and/or replace telephones. (On ships with an IT-Managed PBX)
- Set up, monitor, and break down embarkation check-in equipment and operations.
- Responsible for logging all time and work as well as reviewing incident tickets in the onboard incident management system and monitor respective technician’s queue.
- Provides after-hours support for any IT-related issue
- Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including SGI, ratings, revenue, Workplace Safety.
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
- Fosters team unity and inspires commitment to Royal Caribbean International.
- Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.
- Knows our brand standards and is accountable for executing against them at all times.
- Guest and crew facing communication are professional, on brand and visually appealing.
- Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Royal Caribbean International.
- Exhibits professional presence, positive energy and passion in all situations.
- Brings out the best in others through authenticity, care and humility.
Minimum experience and qualification requirements for position:
- Minimum of six months experience in a technical user-assistance role such as a helpdesk
- CompTIA’s A+ and/or N+ Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, with a focus on operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux) and business application suites
- Ability to conduct basic network troubleshooting (in particular; LAN’s), including knowledge of standard network cabling
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or the international equivalent, or equivalent related experience
- Contract length: 26 weeks on / up to 60 days off
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (38)
- Restaurant Jobs (21)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (3)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (25)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (15)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (3)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (4)
- Private Estate Jobs (7)