At this time we are sourcing staff for a small US Cruise Line who anticipate returning to service soon. Due to current Covid restrictions we do not have an exact start date. All applicants must have previous shipboard experience and be prepared to have a full medical including a flu vaccination prior to travelling and negative Covid test. A Covid vaccination may be required.
The Retail associate is responsible for the inventory, counter sales, and appearance of the onboard store.
- Maintain a clean and professional store and ensure stock is maintained
- Operate a cash register and credit card machine to ring up purchases.
- Ensure proper recording of all sales through system
- Wrap and bag merchandise for customers
- Receive and enter inventory data into system
- Stamp. mark or tag price on merchandise
- Stock shelves, counters and display tables with merchandise
- Answer customer's questions concerning products
- Other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Customer satisfaction and enthusiasm
- Presentable and professional appearance
- Knowledge of products sold
- Ability to speak effectively with customers.
- Accurate inventory maintenance
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Organized and presentable promotions
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales goals through highly developed promotional and visual skills
- Must apply various selling techniques (add-on selling, cross-selling, and merchandise upgrading) in order to achieve and exceed pre-determined revenue targets, thus increasing his/ her personal income
- Greets all customers entering the shop and initiates conversation in order to determine customer needs
- Promotes the highest possible quality retailing standards, continuously driving maximum sales results and superior guest service
- Informs customers about current specials and promotions, their advantages and process all sales in a quick and efficient manner
- Must be well groomed and should demonstrate proper personal and uniform appearance at all times according to company standards
- Must be able to identify customers’ needs, and respond to them quickly
- Must project a genuine interest in passengers, lots of initiative and a helpful, flexible approach
- Participate in courses, meetings and training programs organized by the cruise line or the concession in order to develop the necessary skills needed for promotion to superior level position
- Shared two berth cabin
- Working 7 days a week- 10-14 hours per day for a 7 month contract.
- Attend passenger drills
- Additional duties including sanitising of public areas and work spaces.
Retail Assistant Job Requirements:
- Previous shipboard work expereince
- Valid SCTW certificates
- Minimum one year of previous retail sales experience
- Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, knowledge of additional languages such as Spanish, advantageous.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and colleagues as well as to set and accomplish goals, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent time management and team working skills.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds and pass a full medical.
- Housekeeping Jobs (15)
- Galley Jobs (38)
- Restaurant Jobs (21)
- Beverages Jobs (12)
- Provisions Jobs (3)
- Deck Jobs (20)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (25)
- Guest Services Jobs (7)
- Retail Jobs (8)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (15)
- Child Care Jobs (3)
- Entertainment Jobs (16)
- Photography Jobs (2)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (0)
- Medical Jobs (20)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (2)
- Casino Jobs (0)
- IT Jobs (2)
- Management Jobs (3)
- Administration Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (4)
- Other Cruise Jobs (4)
- Private Estate Jobs (7)