Crew Planning Manager
Awarded World’s Best Small Ship Cruise line, Windstar Cruises is known for intimate yacht style experience and unique voyages to the world’s best small ports and hidden harbors. Its three sailing yachts and three all-suite yachts carry just 148 to 310 guests and cruise around the world.
Our Mission: We imagine and deliver personalized and immersive experiences 180 degrees from ordinary
Our Vision: Enriching people’s perspective through inspired travel
Our Values: Welcoming, Innovative, Now, Discipline, Serve, Teamwork, Authentic, Responsible
We are currently seeking an experienced, organized, customer-focused professional to oversee the management of our crew planning function.
YOU MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES TO APPLY.
- Manages the planning of onboard staff and crew for all vessels, and assists with the oversight of officer planning.
- Works closely with fleet operations, the manning agents, and crew travel to plan and execute crew rotations
- Manages the Crew Rotation Specialists team.
- Works directly with international manning agencies place crew in positions.
- Manages and ensures crew are travel ready in compliance with local, country and international laws and health regulations. (Visas, medicals, quarantine procedures etc.)
- Ensures crew training certificates are updated and vessels are in compliance.
- In conjunction with Fleet Operations, manages the internal gap pool for crew promotions
- In conjunction with Fleet Operations, the Director of HR and the manning agents, assists with the recruitment of crew
- Communicates daily with the shipboard leadership teams on crew rotational issues, gains feedback from shipboard leaders on new hire performance and is available to assist shipboard leaders during crew planning challenges.
- Ensures all required reporting as it relates to crew planning is completed.
- Ensures all actions taken are in compliance with our CBAs.
- Prepares and manages the crew travel budget, and assists with the crew manning budget.
- Prepares monthly crew movement forecasts for use in recruitment and budgeting.
- Manages all crew data in the Adonis system and ensures crew information is up to date and in compliance with the Windstar SEMS requirements, and that shipboard itineraries are updated in Adonis on a regular basis.
- Assists in the annual audit of the manning agencies and the annual audit of the manning function by the internal and external auditors.
- Monitors and ensures all crew and officer performance appraisals are done and filed on a timely basis.
- Provides assistance to other members of the Human Resources team in completion of HR team projects.
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to all Human Resources matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of job related experience in fleet crew planning or a similar field.
- Cruise ship, hotel, airline or large resort experience strongly preferred.
- Highly analytical with strong demonstrated experience in forecasting and planning.
- Self-directed individual with initiative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the HR area.
- Demonstrated professional verbal and written communication skills – strong customer service skills and ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to remain controlled and effective during fast-paced, stressful situations.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
- Housekeeping Jobs (54)
- Galley Jobs (120)
- Restaurant Jobs (50)
- Beverages Jobs (33)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (34)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (57)
- Guest Services Jobs (41)
- Retail Jobs (19)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (29)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (66)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Administration Jobs (33)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)