Yacht Club Chef De Cuisine
The Yacht Club Chef De Cuisine is responsible to ensure the highest expression of culinary experience within the Yacht Club, our exclusive area on board the MSC biggest ships, “a ship within a ship” offering a luxury journey to our Guests. Manages the entire Yacht Club food operations, leads the YC culinary team and is the reference point concerning Yacht Club cuisine-related matters.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation for the Yacht Club as directed by the Executive Chef to ensure production processes are executed according to the Company standards and procedures in terms of hygiene, quality, taste and set-up.
- Provides continuous trainings on sanitation and cleaning, new cooking techniques and equipment, etc. to the Yacht Club's galley staff.
- Guarantees the correct use of products, orders and stock, ensuring preparation of food production falls within budget parameters.
- Plans meals, supervises and coordinates the work of the culinary team.
- Ensures food Safety compliance.
- Enforces Safety procedures within the team under his responsibility.
- Promotes proper uniform procedures to guarantee that the Yacht Club's galley staff is properly dressed, as per Company standards.
- Oversees inventories of F&B equipment within the department.
- With exemplary leadership, actively encourages a harmonious work environment within the team and with other departments.
- Fluent in oral and written English. Knowledge of any other major language is considered a major advantage.
- Completed technical education in Hospitality or Culinary School.
- Proven successful experience for at least 2 years in a similar position in an internationally-trading Cruise Ship, or at least 4 years' experience as Executive Sous Chef in fine dining restaurant/at a 5-star hotel operating under International Sanitation Standards.
- Food Safety Proficiency certificate issued by recognized Authority (HACCP, Shipsan, VSP, etc.).
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Apps.
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment.
- Excellent accuracy and speed in handling work-related unexpected situations and providing solutions.
- Excellent communications skills for the interactions with Guests and Team members.
- High attention to detail.
Valid passport (at least with 12 months validity before joining).
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (55)
- Galley Jobs (125)
- Restaurant Jobs (47)
- Beverages Jobs (36)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (33)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (49)
- Guest Services Jobs (43)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (8)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)