2nd Engineer / cruise vessel P PRINCE
We are currently recruiting for experienced 2ND ENGINEER ( senior watch keeper ) for cruise vessel P PRINCE.
Contract 4 months +/-1
Wages in USD/per month worked on board - to be advised upon interview
Experienced as such, all valid Certificates, preferably with management level CoC - STCW Reg.III/2
License / Qualification requirements;
Required - Second Engineers Unlimited
Desired - Chiefs Engineers Unlimited
Line Manager; Staff Chief Engineer
Responsibilities as per V.Ships S&QMS;
Technical Department Responsibility 7 - Compressors
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the compressors.
Technical Department Responsibility 8 - Evaporators
Responsible for the safe and efficient repair and maintenance of the evaporators.
- The keeping of Engine Room watches as required and identified by the Chief Engineer in accordance with the Safety Management Manual and FOM 1 - Marine Operations.
- The composition of the watches is to be adequate and appropriate to the plant and machinery involved. For normal operating conditions the composition of the watches (at minimum) will be identified by the Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the watch composition in conditions other than normal as identified by the Master e.g. restricted visibility, ice zone, high traffic density, manoeuvring, etc.
In ships with Unattended Machinery Spaces Certificate, adequate personnel shall always attend the Engine Control Room.
- Making entries and maintaining a correct and up-to-date Engine Log Book, as applicable.
- Making entries and maintaining correct and up-to-date technical or waste related Log / Record Books (including but not limited to: Oil Record Book, Waste waters discharge, Ozone Depleting Substances, Oil-to-Sea-Interfaces, Bilge/Sludge Transfer, Marine Fuel Sulphur etc Logs or Record Books), as applicable.
- Lubricating oil purifiers.
- M/E's Lube oil tests.
- Engine Room sprinkler system.
- Spare part requisitions and inventory for equipment under the above responsibilities.
- Ensure that planned maintenance assigned to their discipline is conducted and reported.
- Coach and train Junior Officers.
- Prepare appraisals for 'Direct Reports' in accordance with V.Ships policy.
- Attend passenger social events as directed by the Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as directed by the Head of Department.
- Other tasks pertaining to departmental operations as directed by Head of Department.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (55)
- Galley Jobs (125)
- Restaurant Jobs (47)
- Beverages Jobs (36)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (33)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (49)
- Guest Services Jobs (43)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (28)
- Child Care Jobs (8)
- Entertainment Jobs (70)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (15)
- Medical Jobs (36)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (5)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Administration Jobs (34)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (8)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)