Dive Instructor (Cruise) – Worldwide
A leading Cruise Line is looking for Dive Instructors to join the team. Working onboard the vessel and islands providing tours, instruction and promoting rentals on the islands.
- Onboard the vessel, works daily shifts promoting and selling activities for the islands and various shore excursions. Provides information regarding the ports of call, shore excursions and general information regarding the vessel.
- Conducts PADI scuba diving courses consisting of classroom and pool activities, according to PADI regulations and Program guidelines.
- Receives, loads and stores shipments for the program.
- Accompanies guests on scuba diving and snorkelling excursions. Assists the tour operator and guests with equipment orientation and proper fitting of the equipment. Monitors tour operators to ensure quality controls and standards are met. Reports issues or problems to Shore Excursion Manager or other appropriate party.
- Prepares the Dive shop for the day’s activities. Issues snorkelling equipment to guests participating in the program. Promotes and sells products and services such as wave runner and kayak rentals.
- Conducts orientations to inform guests of the island facilities, the snorkelling area and the operation of the various equipment. Walks around the island to assist guests and provide general information. Responds to any type of emergency.
- Conducts guided snorkelling and or scuba diving tours in the assigned areas. Instructs guests of the proper use of the snorkelling equipment. Guides guests through the waters and identifies marine life. Maintains a constant awareness of the guests’ whereabouts and their safety. Responds to any type of emergency. Performs lifesaving procedures and CPR.
- Conducts guided wave runner and kayak tours. Instructs guests of the proper use of the equipment. Guides guests along the tour route and identifies wildlife and points of interest. Maintains a constant awareness of the guests’ whereabouts and their safety. Responds to any type of emergency. Performs lifesaving procedures and CPR.
- Participates with team members in the parasail operation. Provides guests with instruction, orientation and ensures the guests are properly wearing the flight harness and personal floating device (PFD) equipment. Maintains a constant awareness of the guests’ whereabouts and their safety. Responds to any type of emergency.
- Maintains a regular schedule to clean, service and store all snorkelling, diving and related water sports equipment. Conducts regular maintenance on the boats and engines. Builds or repairs structures related to the program such as floating docks, buoy lines, lifeguard stands, etc. Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Maintains VHF radio equipment in good working order.
- Participates in rescue training according to established procedures.
- Tests new snorkelling, diving and water sports equipment promoted by manufacturers. Prepares a detailed written report to the shoreside department regarding the feasibility of purchasing the equipment for the program.
- Participates in maintaining a clean working and living environment on the island. Participates in the weekly unloading of provisions from the vessels.
- Operates all activities within the program in accordance with the Aquatics Department.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Professional Association of Diving Instructor (PADI) Open Water Scuba Instructor certification is required.
- Minimum of 50 certifications required for vessels offering PADI Scuba Instruction classes.
- CPR certification and lifesaving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization.
- Proof and possession of PADI insurance from Vicencia and Buckley of the USA, with additional insured discussed in interview.
- Previous sales experience with the ability to sell, up-sell and/or cross-sell products and services.
- Ability to apply customer service skills when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to operate and perform maintenance on a variety of water and boating equipment such as boats, wave runners and kayaks, etc.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
If you have the required experience and are interested, then apply today.
Navis Consulting; keeping your career on course.
- Housekeeping Jobs (54)
- Galley Jobs (120)
- Restaurant Jobs (50)
- Beverages Jobs (31)
- Provisions Jobs (10)
- Deck Jobs (34)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (57)
- Guest Services Jobs (41)
- Retail Jobs (21)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (29)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (65)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (17)
- Medical Jobs (33)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (12)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (8)
- Management Jobs (18)
- Administration Jobs (33)
- Land Based Jobs (18)
- Other Cruise Jobs (9)
- Private Estate Jobs (0)