Commis de Rang – Luxury Residential Mega Yacht
Commis de Rang – Luxury Mega Yacht
The World, Residences at Sea, is the largest privately owned residential yacht on earth. Employees of The World strive for excellence in everything we do. We live and work on a one-of-a-kind luxury yacht that sails continuously around the world. Every few days you will wake to an exciting new port of call. It’s the ultimate way to work and travel all in one.
The Commis de Rang primary responsibility is to prepare the dining venues, food pass and service area of an assigned station in restaurants, In-Residence Dining, special events or beach BBQs, ensuring Residents and Guests are consistently provided with courteous, engaging, prompt and efficient service. S/he is also responsible to strictly adhere to our bench marked LQA standards. Learn all dining venue menus and be knowledgeable at all times. Additional responsibilities includes but not limited to various activities like managing inventories, checking the back areas and pantries for maintenance tasks, maintaining PH standards, and being a role model for the team. The Commis de Rang ensures excellence by assisting Chef de Rang and Demi Chef de Rang in the execution of The World’s luxury dining service standards in relation to all Residents and Guests satisfaction goals.
- Exceed Residents’ and Guests’ expectations in every aspect of personalized, quality, luxury, engaging and bench mark service deliveries in assigned areas
- Actively support the goals and objectives for the department and implement new policies and company initiatives as assigned
- Assist Chef de Rang/Demi Chef de Rang in opening and closing duties of the restaurants particularly preparing the back areas
- Check the waiter stations, food pass areas, coffee stations, service areas mise en place prior to the service and after the service
- Ensure mise-en-place of stations are ready before and mise-en-place is completed after service
- Ensure all areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, Public Health (HACCP), SMS and safety and environmental regulations
- Complete side duties including but not limited to; inventories of linen, china, glassware, menus, provisions, polishing silver, china and glassware, Locker maintenance, preparing venues for special events, decorating venues and cleaning duties as and when required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience on a luxury cruise ship, fine dining restaurants, private club, boutique hotel, luxury hotel or resort
- A Diploma in Hotel Management or Restaurant Management is preferred
- Working knowledge on point of sales systems (Infogenesis), inventory management systems (MMS) and computerized reservation systems (Avenista) is preferred
- Excellent eye for attention to details essential
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- One additional language (German, French, Italian, Spanish) preferred
- Good computer skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
Along with worldwide travel opportunities, The World offers many other benefits. Our team members are afforded comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, facilities including a fitness center, state- of- the- art bicycles, crew bar, outside sun / seating deck, and a variety of crew enrichment activities. In addition, we have the most generous Tuition Reimbursement Program in the industry.
At The World we are one team, always passionate and caring and supporting one another in mutual respect. We have a unified, empowered, and strong team culture that values diversity and recognizes, develops and retains talent.
Please note that all candidates must complete an online employment application before being considered for any open position. Interviews will only be arranged after receipt and review of such online application and are ‘by appointment only’. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a representative of the Human Resources Team.
ROW Management Ltd. is committed to the health and well-being of our Crew. All Crew Members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence of completion of a vaccination regime (vaccination card / certificate or digital immunity passport) approved by the EU (EMA - European Medicines Agency) or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Housekeeping Jobs (110)
- Galley Jobs (222)
- Restaurant Jobs (73)
- Beverages Jobs (62)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (96)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (132)
- Guest Services Jobs (64)
- Retail Jobs (29)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (40)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (99)
- Photography Jobs (6)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (21)
- Medical Jobs (39)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (16)
- Casino Jobs (3)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Management Jobs (44)
- Administration Jobs (49)
- Land Based Jobs (10)
- Other Cruise Jobs (14)
- Private Estate Jobs (9)