At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal.
Our Seabourn team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.
- Effectively supports medical team with non-clinical administrative tasks.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and timely records including use of online sites and electronic health record systems.
- Assists with reviews of pre-boarding health declarations, crew medical fitness certificates (including during terminal operations).
- Orders/restocks office consumable supplies, including stationery, in a timely manner.
- Accesses and accurately enters patient information into electronic health records, as directed by medical staff.
- Scheduling and coordination of health screening, vaccination programs, and COVID-19 testing.
- Document management – including scanning, photocopying, filing, and electronic or in-person posting and delivery of documents as necessary.
- Participates in administrative support requirements of Contact Tracing in coordination with the medical staff and public health officer.
- Greets patients in a responsive, friendly, and caring manner.
- Registers patients and obtains patient information and billing authorization.
- Schedules appointments and health visits for crew and guests.
- Provides telephone support and refers messages accurately and in a timely manner as needed.
- Facilitates the selling of over-the-counter medications.
- Adheres to Company Privacy policies for handling of personal and sensitive health information.
- Immediately responds to complaints and customer service issues, and reports these to their Supervisor.
- If needed and if proficient, provides translation services during medical interactions.
- Assists with processing patient bills, as directed by medical staff and per Medical Center policy.
- Assist with review of invoices for accuracy and submits for payment on a timely basis.
- Facilitates accurate account reconciliations with the Finance Manager.
- Assists with preparation and processing of purchasing orders.
- Assists supervisor with inventory management, including counts, orders and restocking of supplies.
Experience / Summary of Requirements
- Work experience as a Healthcare Administrator/receptionist or relevant role is preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations preferred
- Understanding of basic medical terminology and patient confidentiality.
- Experience with administrative procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cohesively in a small team.
- Customer focused with proven internal and external customer service skills
- Problem solving skills within sphere of own position with the ability to recognize when to refer a situation to senior staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
- Ability to function as a collaborative and effective team member.
- Strong verbal communicator, proficient writer and adept at computer skills.
- Ability to be efficient and recognize opportunity for task improvement.
- Empathetic and caring to crew and guests.
- Willingness to embrace and promote Company's Core Values.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!