Motorman for Celebrity Cruises
- Job ID: 12640
- Rank: Motorman
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Apr 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel: Passenger Ship
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 9000
This position shall carry out the work orders given by the Staff Chief Engineer with regards to the performing diverse duties. He/she must be a skilled worker and be able to carry out all kinds of maintenance and repair work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Celebrity Cruises expects each shipboard employee to consistently exemplify the principles of the STAR Program's Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, Environmental, and Safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship. It is every employee’s responsibility to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
1. Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
2. The Motorman when STCW certified may also stand engine room watches as assigned by superiors.
3. Under the direction of the Engineer Watch Officer (EWO) and 3rd Engineer in charge of the watch in the machinery space, Motorman shall be responsible for the inspection, operation and testing, as required, of all machinery and equipment under his responsibility.
4. Responsible for keeping the EWO and 3rd Engineer advised regarding the material status of the vessel and assigned equipment.
5. Recognizes the various engine room alarms and emergency signals.
6. Monitors propulsion systems, auxiliary equipment and their operation.
7. Selects and uses necessary tools to assist engineers during the machinery maintenance schedule.
8. Reports directly to the EWO and 3rd Engineer regarding the material status of the engineering plant.
Valid Motorman's license.
2 years previous experience onboard vessels
Ability to apply customer service skills, according to STAR program, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
Knowledge of propulsion systems. Knowledge of auxiliary systems such as, hydraulic, water and sewage.
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
Completed STCW and social responsibility training
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (287)
- Restaurant Jobs (96)
- Beverages Jobs (66)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (113)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (151)
- Guest Services Jobs (85)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (19)
- Entertainment Jobs (158)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (43)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (14)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (19)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (64)
- Other Cruise Jobs (35)
- Private Estate Jobs (21)