Ordinary Seaman for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 6927
- Rank: O/S
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Ordinary Seaman
REPORTS TO: Bosun
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Ordinary Seaman is an entry-level rating member of the Nautical Department who assists with maintenance of the exterior of the yacht and deck equipment. The Ordinary Seaman also participates in small boat activities and assists when mooring the yacht. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01.Maintains highest security standards and strict security protocol by performing Gangway Security duties while in port
02.Provides a safe, comfortable and memorable experience for our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen by expertly driving Tenders and Zodiacs (after receiving training and certification) and assisting with set up and take down of watersports equipment
03. Maintain the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness by performing deck maintenance under the direction of the Bosun or Chief Officer, which consists of, but is not limited to, chipping, scaling, scraping, priming, painting, sounding and/or cleaning of tanks, cleaning the ship’s hull, decks, deck machinery, safety equipment, and superstructure.
04. Assists with the launch, recovery and maintenance of tenders and Zodiacs
05. Promotes safe and environmentally sound working practices through responsible behavior and adherence to company rules
06. Participation in mooring and anchoring evolutions and rigs cargo, baggage and tender handling gear and opens/closes hatches and side shell doors
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (285)
- Restaurant Jobs (96)
- Beverages Jobs (66)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (113)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (151)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (19)
- Entertainment Jobs (157)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (37)
- Medical Jobs (43)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (19)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (64)
- Other Cruise Jobs (37)
- Private Estate Jobs (21)