Motorman for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 7299
- Rank: Motorman
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jan 9, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Motorman
REPORTS TO: Engine Foreman, Second Engineer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks
experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Motorman is responsible for the daily cleaning and maintenance of the machinery parts and spaces in the
Engine Room, keeping logs and performing rounds. When assigned to Watch, the Motorman assist the Second
Engineer on Watch with his or her Watch responsibilities. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are
embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Rotates between day work and watchkeeping duties under the direction of the First Engineer Technician.
While on Day work the Motorman reports to the Engine Foreman, while on Watch the Motorman reports to
the Second Engineer
02. Ensures all lube oil/fuel oil and sea/bilge water filters are kept clean and in proper operating condition at all
times. The Motorman is also responsible for the condition of the bilges and replenishing lubrication oil levels
of engine room machinery
03. Ensures continued, safe and reliable operation of air compressors, diesel generators, stabilizers, waste
systems, machinery space pumps, filters & heat exchangers, purifiers, boilers, and evaporators by
performing regular engine room rounds, completing watchkeeping logs and alerting the Second Engineer as
soon as irregularities are discovered
04. Ensures the safe reliable operation and maintenance of the waste treatment systems, whilst assisting the
Engine Room day work team with general machinery space maintenance and repairs
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for
the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Two (2) years’ experience as a Motorman or similar rank on a cruise vessel
03. Rating forming part of an Engineering Watch Certificate
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures
and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required
to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand
and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal
forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (93)
- Galley Jobs (226)
- Restaurant Jobs (93)
- Beverages Jobs (59)
- Provisions Jobs (20)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (122)
- Guest Services Jobs (82)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (32)
- Child Care Jobs (15)
- Entertainment Jobs (134)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (42)
- Land Based Jobs (42)
- Other Cruise Jobs (51)
- Private Estate Jobs (25)