Carpenter for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 7267
- Rank: Carpenter
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Carpenter
REPORTS TO: Chief Carpenter
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Carpenter is a member of the Carpentry Department and assists with all carpentry work, upholstery, and general repairs around the yacht to ensure guest and employee areas are maintained to the highest standards of safety and comfort. The Carpenter promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Responsible to the Chief Carpenter for the proper operation of the carpenter shop, equipment, inventory and consumables
02. Responsible for carrying out, to the highest professional standards, woodwork building and repair, and other general carpentry work in all employee, and public areas including suites
03. Promotes the highest levels of safety and environmental compliance, the Carpenter is responsible for general maintenance of all carpets, doors, locks, furniture, and woodwork in employee cabins, guest suites, and public areas including safety items such as ceiling panels and Fire Screen Doors
04. Participates in mooring and anchoring activities, if required
05. Offers outstanding experiences to our guests, and to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards, the Carpenter assists with Launching, recovery and maintenance of Zodiacs and other watersports equipment
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Two (2) years’ experience as a carpenter on board a cruise vessel
03. Excellent woodworking and carpentry skills
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and coworkers
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (268)
- Restaurant Jobs (99)
- Beverages Jobs (69)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (121)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (159)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (30)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Entertainment Jobs (161)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (40)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (65)
- Other Cruise Jobs (37)
- Private Estate Jobs (20)