Laundry Attendant for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 2448
- Rank: Laundry Attendant
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Laundry Attendant
REPORTS TO: Laundry Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Laundry Attendant supports the Laundry Manager in providing impeccable laundry services for all guests and Ladies and Gentlemen’s personal laundry as well as items necessary to operate the business. Adhering to International Public Health, Safety and Security Regulations this position is executing the daily tasks within the laundry team as instructed by the Laundry Manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Executes daily tasks in the laundry operation onboard the Yacht including but not limited to pressing, sorting, pre-spotting, washing, dry-cleaning and folding.
- Ensures guest and employee clothing, uniform and linen are free from any foreign subjects and that accessories are removed when necessary to avoid damage to the items and machinery (i.e. decorative chains, collar stays)
- Collects any personal belongings found in guest or employee clothing and returns them to either the rightful owner or to lost and found
- Inspects all guest and employee clothing, uniform and linen for damages prior washing and reports them to the Laundry Manager. Ensures damaged items are not receiving any laundry service
- Inspects all guest and employee clothing, uniform and linen for damages after washing and reports them to the Laundry Manager. Ensures damaged items are not returned to guest and employees or into service
- Operates all necessary machinery and equipment provided by the company safely and inspects the equipment for proper functionality daily. Reports any non-functional equipment and any other topics affecting the laundry operation to the Laundry Manager
- Ensures that the chemical dispensers are operated with accurate settings and reports variances in the dosage to the Laundry Manager. Reports shortages of chemicals to the Laundry Master as soon as they become apparent
- Guarantees that all machinery is operated within the parameters of international safety, security and public health regulations. Removes all fire hazards such as lint in dryers frequently keeps logs up to date at all times
- Ensures that all safety protocols are followed and wears all recommended PPE when working with equipment and chemicals. Ensures the safe storage of all chemicals as recommended by manufacturer guide lines following the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Communicates actively with the Laundry Manager regarding all laundry related issues and other relevant topics
- Follows strict Public Health Practices as per United States Public Health (USPH) standards within the laundry including but not limited to cleaning and maintenance, temperature recording, store organization, self-inspections and Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Adheres to the Outbreak Prevention and Response Plan in case of an outbreak
- Assists in executing inventories as requested. Consistently strives to minimize waste, breakage and wear and tear and ensures to follow proper procedures when discharging garbage
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Good knowledge and experience in Laundry operations. Advanced understanding of processes and procedures in the Cruise and Hotel industry, including inventory management, operating budgets and audit procedures
- Good knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to United States Public Health (USPH)
- Sound knowledge of Chemical dispensing Point of Sales and Inventory Management Systems in the capacity of a regular user.
- Previous experience on-board a luxury cruise ship as a Laundry Men or similar role is required. In addition, experience in a luxury hospitality environment is preferred
- Sound knowledge of MS Office package or similar applications in particular Excel
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Start dates are subject to change.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (268)
- Restaurant Jobs (99)
- Beverages Jobs (69)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (121)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (159)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (30)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Entertainment Jobs (161)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (40)
- Administration Jobs (46)
- Land Based Jobs (65)
- Other Cruise Jobs (37)
- Private Estate Jobs (20)