MISSISSIPPI - Storekeeper
In August 2022, Viking will expand its destination-focused travel experiences with the launch of Mississippi River cruises. Its first 386-guests custom vessel, Viking Mississippi, will sail voyages on the Lower and Upper Mississippi, ranging from 8 – 15 days, between New Orleans and St. Paul. Viking’s arrival will bring modern river cruising to the Mississippi and will represent a major commitment to tourism and economic development in many communities along the river. The new state-of-the-art Viking Mississippi is inspired by Viking’s award-winning river and ocean ships and will feature clean Scandinavian design, as well as public spaces that are familiar to guests but that have been reimagined for Mississippi River voyages. Purpose-built for the Mississippi and currently under construction in Louisiana, the five-deck ship’s cutting-edge design, expansive windows and comfortable amenities will make it the largest and most modern cruise ship in the region.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Storekeeper ensures that the hotel and uniform storage area is kept clean and in proper condition.
- You are required to order all hotel and uniform supplies and inspect supplies to ensure that accurate quantities within given budgets and inventory levels are maintained, at all times, and that high-quality standards are maintained during loading operations.
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Prepare internal requisitions, once approved by the relevant supervisor,
- In conjunction with the Inventory Manager, prepare external requisitions and process data in MXP.
- Manage and process uniforms in MXP.
- Load and offload items stored in the Hotel and Uniform Central Storerooms and manage all aspects pertaining to hotel and uniform goods; coordinate requested personnel during loading and offloading.
- Manage and maintain Hotel and Uniform Central Storerooms ensuring that all items stored are in good condition and that storerooms are cleaned in accordance with all Public Health Policies; monitor expiration dates of items stored in Hotel and Uniform Central Storerooms.
- Implement and follow up on correct Stock Rotation Procedures and ensure that first-in first-out (FIFO) regulations are in place and storerooms are properly organized.
- Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility: must be able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Inventory Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company. Perform a Full Inventory Cycle of the assigned Store, twice a month, before every full loading.
- Extensive knowledge of hotel & uniform operations, storeroom operations and storage procedures are required.
- Fluent in English - must be able to address any kind of information in an adequate manner with excellent oral and written English communication skills – the ability to speak an additional language is an advantage.
- Flexible, stress resistant, committed team player and exceptional work ethic is required.
- Must have experience in material management systems, experience in MXP is preferred; strong administration skills are preferred and must be proficient with PC based databases, spread sheets, and word processing systems.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards, with excellent knowledge of all Public Health Policies are required.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS & AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to work as necessary in order to complete all assigned tasks and fulfill responsibilities in your assigned role.
- Ability to meet moderate physical demands, including lifting, bending, climbing, and long periods of standing or walking
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for Marijuana and other controlled substances. We are a Drug Free Workplace.
- Viking Cruises is an At-Will Employer. As such your, employment with Viking is a voluntary one and is subject to termination with or without cause or notice, at any time by you or Viking. Nothing in this document or in any oral or written statement shall be interpreted to conflict with or limit the right to terminate employment at-will.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures & STAR Service Standards within the department.
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated Grooming Standards.
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary, at any point of time during her/his employment
Viking is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
THE VIKING STORY
More than 20 years ago, Viking® set the standard for what river cruising should be, and today we are the leader that all others follow. In 2015, we took the same small ship, destination-focused experience to the seas and reinvented ocean cruising. Over the years Viking has won numerous ocean and river cruise line awards from Condé Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic, Travel + Leisure, Travel Weekly and more.
Viking is a strong and dynamic company—with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels cruising over 100 itineraries around the world.
JOIN THE VIKING FAMILY
If you have always dreamed of combining your love of travel with the ability to grow your career, consider a position at Viking. We are the world’s leading small ship cruise line, and there is tremendous potential to advance your career with us. As part of our crew, when your ship is docked at the many destinations we visit, you can explore ashore and refresh during your free time.
Additionally, with Viking’s award-winning service and thoughtfully curated onboard experiences, our guests are typically very satisfied. This, combined with Viking’s gratuity guidelines, means that you can expect to be well rewarded as an employee on board a Viking ship.