Spa Therapist for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 2659
- Rank: Masseur
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Spa Therapist
DEPARTMENT: Spa & Wellness
REPORTS TO: Head Therapist - Spa Trainer
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Spa Therapist is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive Spa treatments and services in accordance with the Gold Standards and the Spa SOP protocols. Massage treatments may include remedial, relaxation and signature massage. As well as other body treatments such as scrubs, wraps and rituals outlined in the Spa and Wellness Menu.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides body treatments from the Spa Menu for guests onboard in accordance with to the company's standards
- Possess thorough knowledge of Spa Menu and retail products in order to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all products and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities
- Provides confident post treatment care recommendations as well as offering support to guests within the retail area
- Stays informed of the latest Spa and Wellness trends within luxury
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities
- Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Spa Manager
- Assists with Spa receptions duties when required, including but not limited guest check-in, enquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility
- Ensures the treatment rooms, Spa and Wellness areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Cleans and sterilize work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards
- Ensures adherence and compliance with all Public Health, safety and environmental regulations and all guidelines established by The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and USPH standards
- Monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venue and immediately notify the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- An internationally accredited Diploma of Remedial Massage from a recognized facility
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Remedial Therapist in a luxury facility
- Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury hotels and/or luxury cruise industry preferred
- Strong, primary focus on the health and wellness with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements
- Sales experience; friendly an approachable
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (129)
- Galley Jobs (361)
- Restaurant Jobs (118)
- Beverages Jobs (85)
- Provisions Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (103)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (138)
- Guest Services Jobs (94)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (36)
- Child Care Jobs (7)
- Entertainment Jobs (162)
- Photography Jobs (23)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (38)
- Medical Jobs (22)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (23)
- Casino Jobs (16)
- IT Jobs (15)
- Management Jobs (46)
- Administration Jobs (52)
- Land Based Jobs (27)
- Other Cruise Jobs (136)
- Private Estate Jobs (27)