Assistant Cruise Director
The Assistant Cruise Director assists the Cruise Director in the delivery and management of all Entertainment functions and programme onboard and delivering an exceptional product to our Guests.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating and implementing the assignment of duties, responsibilities and schedules of staff and activities.
- Ensures all entertainment presentations and entertainment activities are delivered to the highest standard.
- Hosts and comperes’ events as required.
- Works collaboratively with other Hotel Officers to maintain quality and maximise profit.
- Responsible for completing all administration and reporting for the Entertainment department.
- Provides the Communications Purser with information for the Today programme.
- Coordinates tour dispatches with the Explore Ashore Team.
- Regularly inspects all entertainment venues and activities.
- Maintain inventory of, and order when required, equipment and consumables.
- Engages with Guests on a daily basis and deals with complaints and provides feedback in an efficient manner.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to entertainment team.
- Prepare appraisals for individuals under their remit in accordance with policies.
- Attends passenger functions as required by Head of Department.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept, and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
- Lead and Motivate using the Saga Leadership Model.
- Ensure the ‘Saga Way’ is delivered each and every day.
- Previous experience as Assistant Cruise Director/Assistant Entertainment Manager onboard a Cruise Ship.
- Proven people skills along with conflict resolution, counselling, mediating and motivational skills.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (110)
- Galley Jobs (261)
- Restaurant Jobs (99)
- Beverages Jobs (70)
- Provisions Jobs (23)
- Deck Jobs (116)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (160)
- Guest Services Jobs (81)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (18)
- Entertainment Jobs (160)
- Photography Jobs (17)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- IT Jobs (20)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (43)
- Land Based Jobs (61)
- Other Cruise Jobs (33)
- Private Estate Jobs (20)