In-Suite Dining Supervisor for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- V.Ships Leisure
- Restaurant Jobs
- March 18, 2023
- Job ID: 2452
- Rank: Head Waiter
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Oct 1, 2021
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: In-Suite Dining Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Server
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The In-Suite Dining Supervisor supports and oversees the day-to-day operation of In-Suite Dining including private events in Owner’s Suites and ensures an engaging service, creating memorable moments for the guests. This position co-ordinates between the front of house and the galley to ensure timely and quality delivery of orders.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides technically proficient, efficient and personalized luxury food and beverage service to guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Supervises and assists with the setup, cleaning, and breaking down of In-Suite Dining areas and maintaining equipment, supplies, goods and all work areas, reporting any issues to leadership
- Ensures proper inventory processes including requisitions, receiving, moving and stocking product in accordance with first in, first out (FIFO)
- Ensures Compliance with Public Health and all Safety and Labor Regulations. Prepares for and assists with all sanitation and Public Health inspections
- Plans, coordinates and oversees the execution of special events and Banquets
- Provides assistance to Direct Reports and the Restaurant Manager in the execution of the day-to-day operations of the In-Suite Dining, Restaurant and Bar venues as needed
- Manages the financial performance for In-Suite Dining in partnership with lateral and supporting roles as well as Senior leadership
- Regularly monitors hallways to retrieve trays and trolleys.
- Responsible for training Waiters and performing service audits and spot checks.
- Maintains cleanliness of all work areas and guest areas impacted by In-Suite Dining
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Maintains and delivers a comprehensive and engaging on-boarding program which successfully welcomes and integrates new Ladies and Gentlemen into the operation and provides the foundation for their career with the brand to grow
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- WSET Level 2, Court of Master Sommeliers Introductory or equivalent certification in beverage knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Previous In-Suite Dining Supervisor or Manager experience in a five-star restaurant or onboard a luxury cruise restaurant environment
- Excellent working knowledge of food, beverage and international cuisine
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Start dates are subject to change.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (116)
- Galley Jobs (360)
- Restaurant Jobs (117)
- Beverages Jobs (80)
- Provisions Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (119)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (183)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Casino Jobs (22)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (41)
- Administration Jobs (57)
- Land Based Jobs (28)
- Other Cruise Jobs (133)
- Private Estate Jobs (16)
Share this page: