Activity Staff Ritz Kids for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- Job ID: 2476
- Rank: Counselor
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Mar 1, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Activity Staff Ritz Kids
JOB CODE: DEPARTMENT: Entertainment & Enrichment
REPORTS TO: Activities & Aquatics Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
The Activity Staff Ritz-Kids position is responsible for delivering high quality, individualized and technically excellent entertainment services for guests whilst working towards a goal of achieving total guest satisfaction. When children between the ages of four (4) and twelve (12) years of age are onboard, this role will deliver educational programming and a high-level of entertainment for our younger guests. Programs offered in the Ritz Kids program focus on Environmental Sustainability, Marine Life, Sailing, Arts and Culture.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
01. Interacts with and maintains guest satisfaction at all times, with a specific focus on our younger guests, this includes, but is not limited to hosting parties, trivia, games, karaoke, and other related activities
02. Leads creative activities, implements entertaining and educational programs for children four (4) to twelve (12) years of age
03. Ensures safety and supervision of all children participating in the Ritz Kids program
04. Hosts tables in the restaurants on most evenings with special care given to those guests dining with children and guests traveling solo
05. Attends onboard receptions and other social events as scheduled by the Senior Activity Staff Ritz Kids
06. Completes embarkation and disembarkation duties in cooperation with the Guest Services Manager and Shore Collection Manager
07. Provides daily briefing to all guests regarding activities onboard
08. Proactively responds to issues or potential problems quickly and efficiently. Communicates any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Senior Activity Staff Ritz Kids
09. Assists with the Ritz Kids introduction and training of new Ladies and Gentlemen
01. Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
02. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Recreation or related field
03. Minimum two (2) years' experience in a similar position working with children between the ages of four (4) and (12) twelve years of age
04. Valid First Aid certification
05. Previous experience in the entertainment industry within an international five-star establishment is considered an asset
06. Previous experience programming for youth preferred
07. Life Guard Certification considered an asset
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (93)
- Galley Jobs (226)
- Restaurant Jobs (93)
- Beverages Jobs (59)
- Provisions Jobs (20)
- Deck Jobs (97)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (122)
- Guest Services Jobs (82)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (32)
- Child Care Jobs (15)
- Entertainment Jobs (134)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (34)
- Medical Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- IT Jobs (16)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (42)
- Land Based Jobs (42)
- Other Cruise Jobs (51)
- Private Estate Jobs (25)