A brilliant ART CONSULTANT at sea role on a FABULOUS cruise ship
Hello and hope you are well today. It’s time for a new adventure…how about this, but please note, for this role, due to the contracts YOU MUST BE LIVING IN THE UK RIGHT NOW with UK National Insurance number and the right to work in the UK.
Are you looking to travel the world seeing the most amazing sights & scenery whilst also growing and establishing your sales career? Do you have flare for presenting? Would you like to be surrounded by beautiful Artwork everyday? Are you self-motivated, hungry and passionate about delivering a premium service?
We are recruiting for an Art Consultant at Sea!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a sales driven, customer focused candidate to join one of our prestigious Galleries on board cruise ships.
Here are the super details:
- Role: Art Consultant
- With: A FABULOUS firm partnering with the cruise liners
- Website: On application – it’s very cool!
- Ships: Fabulous 4* and 5* ships
- Start date: Immediate
- Salary: This is an annual contract paid £20,800UK per annum (taxed at source for you to claim back accordingly – let’s chat about this)
- Commission: Oh YES! Plenty of that possibility with great OTE’s determined by your sales success of circa £35,000UK to £80,000UK
- Working on 1-5% commission per piece depending on targets achieved.
- The Art Work: UNIQUE pieces of art – limited editions, originals and sculptures. Works range from £500 – £500,000++
- Reporting to: The Gallery Manager (there is a team of you and the GM onboard)
- Rotation: Circa 6+ months onboard – let’s discuss!
- Art Consultants accrue holidays per month – up to 25 days paid days per annum.
- Berthing: Shared cabin with one other of the same rank
- Status: Officer status with all guest areas access
- Joining: Southampton, UK
- Uniform: You are to take your own professional attire
- Required: Due to the contracts YOU MUST BE LIVING IN THE UK RIGHT NOW with UK National Insurance number and the right to work in the UK
- Required: You to have or quickly source a US C1/D visa, plus ship-medical plus to follow the host company’s Covid requirements. Medical and visa costs are reimbursed by the host company.
The Incredible Role
- Working 7 days a week, you will be partnering with the Gallery Manager to promote and sell AMAZING pieces of art – limited editions, originals and sculptures.
- This is a consultative sales role, providing a first class service to the shipboard Guests.
- You will be expected to work towards realistic yet challenging individual targets and build a loyal client base.
- As well as delivering sales the successful candidate will be working directly alongside the Gallery Manager providing support with curating & hanging artwork, preparing & delivering bespoke events as well as setting up delivering artist seminars.
- You will be supporting and sometimes hosting presentations and promoting your gallery of artwork, you will be enticing and inviting the Guests to purchase AWESOME pieces of art.
- The galleries are open when the ship is sailing. Outside of this time, your function will be training, learning, cleaning, inventory, stock control…and having some time off when the operation allows.
- Facilitating for circa 2 seminars a day you will be happy to articulate the features, benefits, uniqueness and style of the art works through the medium of PowerPoint, 1:1 coffee chats, Group meetings and elevator pitches too.
- Promotion to the Gallery Manager is an opportunity too.
YOU The BRILLIANT Candidate
- YOU WILL BE CURRENTLY LIVING IN THE UK WITH UK NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER AND RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
- You will come with a strong sales background – where sales is through positive relationship building, NOT hard sell.
- Your passion will be to work towards targets, driven by the success of achievement and the want for commission.
- We are looking for INFORMATIVE, INSPIRING and EXCITING people with LUXURY SALES experience.
- You will be a self-starter, proactive, have tenacity, be approachable, confident, sociable, target driven, highly motivated, creative and independent.
- You will be experienced at running presentations and facilitating sales opportunities.
- You are smartly attired, with a BIG SMILE and with oodles of energy and clear articulation.
- You most probably will have ship experience already from areas such as the art gallery (maybe with Park West), retail (shoppy), the spa or shorex.
- If you have a valid US C1/D visa and medical already, then that’s a definite plus.
- You will be required to create a 3 minute show-reel as part of your interview journey.
If you think you are the perfect match for this awesome job, please PRESS APPLY and send your professional CV through to me (but only if you are currently living in the UK with work authorisation). Thank you.
Please kindly note:
Due to the volume of applications, if you aren’t contacted within 72 hours of your submission, sadly this would infer you have been unsuccessful with your application on this occasion – Sorry. However, please review our company website to check out whether we have any other matching roles, and connect to our company on Linked In to be kept in the loop for the new opportunities – thanks. Good luck with your application!
Sending good wishes to you. Stay safe and well.
Best wishes, Russ and the Excite Recruitment Team
Good knowledge of the English language is required.