P&O Cruises - Demi Chef de Partie
- Lead by example by taking care of the health and safety of self and others
- Report all accidents, ‘near miss’ incidents and work related ill health conditions to manager / supervisor / team leader and to the safety department.
- Follow safety rules and procedures
- Prepare food products applicable to section, safely and in a timely manner
- Maintain cleanliness of food preparation area
- Follow recipes, including weighing out and portioning of ingredients correctly
- Operate the food preparation machinery safely and in line with the recipe
- Follow and respond to onboard menu cycles and use recipe database
- Adapt food to requirements of special diets
- Prepare food products as directed in line with menu requirements
- Ensure the taste and consistency of food products is at the required standards and inform the chef of any issues
- Support others in producing food products to the agreed standards
- Follow the correct policies and procedures regarding food hygiene at all times
- Ensure all food preparation equipment and spaces are sanitised and clean at all times in accordance with company policy
- Highlight issues immediately in order to minimise any impact
- Respond calmly and quickly to requests from passengers or crew members
- Deliver customer service within the agreed time-scales and to the quality required, ensuring passenger satisfaction
- Immediately respond to complaints and customer service issues, or report them to line manager, to ensure a speedy resolution
- Behave in a polite and friendly manner with passengers and crew members at all times and in all areas of the ship
Carnival UK is a market leader in the cruise industry, widely recognised by our famous brands P&O Cruises and Cunard. We operate ships all over the world and provide unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests. At Carnival UK, we are about to go through a huge amount of growth and with 2 new ships on the horizon, Carnival UK has big plans for the future!
At Carnival UK as part of Carnival Corporation, our highest responsibility and top priorities are to operate safely, to protect the environment, and to be in compliance everywhere we operate in the world. On this foundation, we aspire to deliver unmatched joyful vacations for our Guests, always exceeding their expectations. We are committed to a positive and just corporate culture, based on inclusion and the power of diversity. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other - seeking collaboration, candour, openness and transparency at all times. And we intend to be an exemplary corporate citizen leaving the people and the places we touch even better.