Sr Production Manager
Department: Stage Staff
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Entertainment Director
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, our fleet of Love Boats offer exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly, attentive and authentic service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
As Sr Production Manager you will oversee all production show elements including lighting, audio, video, automation/rigging, scenery, pyrotechnics, and show rehearsals, while leading a team of professionals delivering cutting edge technical production for industry-leading Broadway style shows, live musicians and world class entertainers.
- Senior Production Managers oversee all production show elements including lighting, audio, video, automation/rigging, scenery, pyrotechnics, and show rehearsals. They lead a team of professionals delivering cutting edge technical production for industry-leading Broadway style shows, live musicians and world class entertainers.
- Our Sr. Production Managers oversee state-of-the-art venues equipped with the latest in theatre technology, lavish set-pieces, spectacular costumes and industry standard lighting, sound and video tools, to deliver our dynamic and engaging entertainment program to guests onboard our fleet of modern vessels across the globe.
- Show-calling and overseeing all production requirements, from lighting and sound, to video, pyrotechnics and stage automation, for our portfolio of over 35 original production shows as well as wide variety of fly-on guest entertainers are just part of the SPM's role onboard. You will manage a team of up to 16 production staff, technicians and assistant managers, each with their own professional experience and expertise, with the task of maintaining a consistent and outstanding Entertainment offering
- Our Senior Production Managers also take prime responsibility for the safety of cast, crew and guests in our many and varied indoor and outdoor venues around each ship. Risk assessments, chemical and inventory management and scheduling for the entire production department will also be amongst your daily tasks.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Must hold a Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Theatre with major studies in Stage Management and/or Technical Direction or have a minimum of 3 years' professional experience in theatre or live event industries.
- Applicants should have a good understanding of entertainment technical systems, meticulous organizational skills, great communication, an ability to lead from the front and a desire to inspire and motivate a diverse and multi-cultural team.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of the foundation of guest service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Ability to continuously surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.