Employment Type: Contract
Reporting To: Asst Housekeeper
MUST HAVE HOTEL/CRUISE EXPERIENCE IN THE ROLE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW
The Attendant is ultimately responsible to ensure that the guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay on board the vessel, whilst following all cleaning and service procedures set out by Seabourn. This role contributes to the Company Mission Statement and Values.
The Suite Attendant has a great opportunity to offer the guest a cruise experience of a lifetime. They should create an atmosphere of complete comfort and actively seek ways to create Seabourn moments. Positive interaction with the guests combined with acute attention to details enhances the feeling of sheer luxury. Decisions to neglect these duties will have a negative impact on the guests and ultimately result in the guests’ disappointment with the Seabourn experience.
The Attendant reports to the Suite Host or directly to Assistant Housekeeper. The Attendant works together with the Suite Host.
- Have full and comprehensive knowledge of all ship facilities and services.
- Clean Guest suite bathroom, verandas, remove garbage, and restock supplies, amenities and linen in the locker and trolley.
- Maintain a high level of communication and provide feedback with the Suite Host.
- To be fully knowledgeable of in suite service, amenities, functions and systems.
- Creating a memorable stay for the guests and following up on all guest requests promptly.
- Report any guest related concerns to the Suite Host.
- Report for work on time, attend daily shift briefing, set up the corridor with trolley, vacuum and chemical buckets.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the corridor and lockers.
- Together with the Suite Host, day cleaning and turn down service of all assigned suites, along with all other scheduled extra duties and control and safeguard of all stocks used.
- All suite services to be delivered to company standard, based on the standard suite
- Inspection form, standard set-up manuals and inspections performed by the Executive Housekeeper or Assistant housekeepers.
- Assist the Suite Host with packing and unpacking if required as well with shoe polishing.
- Follow up on special daily duty assignment.
- Follow the departmental standards, specifications and work routine.
- Complete the proper cleaning and restocking of a suite before you proceed to the next one.
- Work as a Team with the Suite Host ensuring the highest service standards.
- Provide embarkation service together with the Suite Host.
- Protect ships equipment and report faulty or broken equipment.
- Follow the correct garbage separation procedure.
- End of contract cleaning procedures for suites to be followed and completed prior to the sign off date, together with the Suite Host.
- Follow all PH policies and procedures and to perform PH standards of cleaning in all lockers, corridors and pantries.
- Use the correct cleaning chemicals; supplies and Personal Protective Equipment required to perform your duties as an Attendant.
- Perform evening watch and long watch duties as scheduled throughout each cruise.
- Perform any additional cleaning tasks required by the Executive Housekeeper and Assistant Housekeeper.
- Follow the Name Recognition program as set out by the company.
- Perform extra duties as required by the company such as Guest Welcome Back or Crew acknowledgement events as set out by voyage demands.
- Report all maintenance issues in your suites and working areas as soon as you notice or are made aware of them.
- To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position.
- A National Vocational Qualification, well spoken, with good communication skills, able to engage in a professional and casual conversation.
- Strong command of the English language combined with professional and mindful communication skills, verbally and written.
- Alternatively, equivalent Qualification in Housekeeping would be preferred. Basic Computer knowledge
- Uphold Seabourn grooming and uniform standard.
- Anticipate the guest needs by creating positive Seabourn moments as appropriate.
- Ensure Guest requests and needs are handled promptly as per Seabourn standards and procedures.
- Handle Guest complaints professionally and promptly.
- Improve the Guest experience by delivering prompt and efficient service and creating Seabourn moments.
- At least two years full-time experience as a Room Attendant in a four/five star Hotel or establishment, accommodating an international clientele. Working experience with an extensive cleaning program and guest interaction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a Minimum of 80% pass.
- Basic knowledge hygiene.
- Ability to work in a team that is focused on exceeding guest expectations.
- Pleasant personality for dealing with guests, fluent in English and conversational in one more international foreign language.
Physical Demands & Travel
For the safety of yourself and others on board certain physical abilities shall be maintained. Must be able to bend, climb, perform repetitive motion, and repetitively heavy lift.
Must maintain physical fitness to perform tasks associated with job.
- Passport – valid for a minimum of 6 month
- Flag state issued seaman book
- General flag state or flag state approved marine fitness medical United States C1/D visa
- English Marlin test at minimal score of 80%
- Pre-employment medical examination
Working on a cruise ship is very different from any land-based occupation. Working hours are longer and work is more intense due to the constant demand of the guests. You have to be very flexible in your working hours, which on occasion might have to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances. The Maritime Labour Convention of 2006 however strictly regulates these. Apart from the working hours there are strict rules which all members of the ship’s company need to adhere to as stipulated by the Master’s standing orders. You work in close proximity with your fellow crewmembers and therefore respect among all is essential.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!