Sommelier for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- V.Ships Leisure
- Beverages Jobs
- Sommelier / Wine Steward
- March 19, 2023
- Rank: Sommelier
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jul 10, 2022
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Sommelier
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Head Sommelier
DIRECT REPORTS: None
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Ensures all restaurants and bars consistently deliver technically proficient, efficient and personalized luxury beverage experiences with the goal of creating guests for life. Maintains an intriguing and relevant wine program from product selection and stocking to service delivery, education and training. Partner with other roles to develop and maintain wine-related enrichment opportunities for guests.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides luxury beverage service to guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Conduct Line-Up and daily training, development and supervision of Servers, Mixologists, Bar Servers and Server Assistants
- Anticipating the needs of guests and Ladies and Gentlemen by ensuring all supplies are readily available before and during service, maintaining a clean, safe and accident-free environment, and immediately responding to the needs of all guests and fellow Ladies and Gentlemen
- Assisting with the setup, cleaning, and breaking down of restaurants and bars and maintaining equipment, supplies, goods and all work areas in accordance with Brand and Public Health Standards, reporting any issues to leadership
- Inventory processes including requisitions, receiving, moving and stocking products according to FIFO
- Ensuring constant readiness for and assisting with any and all Sanitation and Health Code Inspections whether conducted internally or with officials
- Advance planning, coordination and oversight of execution of special events in partnership with beverage brands and the Yacht team and guests
- Ensuring all wine lists are always up-to-date and all listed products are available and readily accessible for service
- Ensuring Compliance with Public Health and all Safety and Labor Regulations
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- WSET Level 2, Court of Master Sommeliers Certified or equivalent certification in beverage knowledge
- Previous Sommelier experience in a five-star restaurant or onboard a luxury cruise restaurant environment
- Good knowledge and experience in Public Health Rules and Regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Excellent working knowledge of food, beverage (wine, beers, spirits, cocktails, coffee, tea) and international cuisine
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (116)
- Galley Jobs (360)
- Restaurant Jobs (117)
- Beverages Jobs (80)
- Provisions Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (119)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (183)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Casino Jobs (22)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (41)
- Administration Jobs (58)
- Land Based Jobs (28)
- Other Cruise Jobs (133)
- Private Estate Jobs (16)
Share this page: