Hotel Services Engineer
Department: Electro Tech
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Staff Chief Engineer
Be the Consummate Host by leading the onboard Hotel maintenance team, achieving the highest standard of passenger and crew areas appearance, upkeep, and prompt defect correction in a cost-efficient manner, in line with our Company strategy and Core Values.
- Understanding of the foundation of customer service; ability and willingness to excel in delivering outstanding service to our passengers.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Willingness to embrace all Company values and Service Credo and lead by example.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Service Area Management
- Always confirms the day-to-day operational efficiency and quality assurance for all areas of responsibility and ensures that required controls are in place at all times.
- Consistently oversees the adherence to applicable Policy & Procedures guaranteeing internal customer and passenger satisfaction is achieved in a clean, safe, and healthy environment.
- Always manages assigned projects in a timely manner while guaranteeing the highest standards are maintained at all times.
- Willingly participates in the development of shipboard organizational plans to support the successful execution of maintenance periods and works closely with the Hotel Department on all maintenance issues, ensuring minimal effect on the cruise experience.
- Schedules weekly meetings with the Hotel Departments to review progress and agree on work prioritization.
- Always delivers clear, useful verbal and written reports to higher management, as required.
- Knows team’s role descriptions, delivers them to all team members (new joiners, returning crew, and promoted crew), and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Promptly completes performance appraisals that are fair, objective, and accurate measurements based on observed behavior.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members to become the Consummate Host.
- Identifies top performers and mentors them for career advancement or promotion.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to communicate all policies, discuss issues and coordinate solutions.
- Meets individually with direct reports, at a minimum monthly, to build trust and establish effective relationships, identify personal development and career goals, and discuss specific operational business issues.
- Consistently monitors direct reports to establish they are providing constructive, consistent coaching, professional development and feedback to their reporting staff.
- Always monitors costs, expenditures, and inventory of the assigned areas of operation and consistently achieves targets within established budget.
- Working with the Hotel Department, always maintains an ongoing Hotel capital expenditure and Hotel repair and maintenance project list.
- Continuously reviews repair and maintenance strategies and processes with a view to optimizing cost efficiencies.
Safety and Compliance
- Adheres to all safety and environmental policies and procedures relevant to the Technical department at all times.
- Oversees the safe operation of all hotel machinery in accordance with the Code of Safe Working Practices, promulgating a strong safety culture at all times.
- Consistently monitors the General Emergency Organization to confirm efficient mustering, organization, and operation of Engine Technical department officers and crew.
- Verifies that all hotel technical aspects of port health authority requirements, policies and guidelines are met at all times.
- Performs all General Emergency Organization duties as directed in the Emergency Response Organization.
- Always performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, Fleet Regulations, and other internal, external, and governmental regulations as directed.
- Always follows timekeeping rules and creates accurate ILO records
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.