Department: Beverage Services
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Bar Supervisor
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, we operate a fleet of modern Love Boats each offering exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly and attentive service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
As Bartender you will create lasting memories by consistently delivering a guest-centric product experience that embraces experiential ownership and aligns with our brand standards, while adhering to health and sanitation protocols. You will also own the responsibility to create positive connections and support a guest and teammate-centric culture that increases Net Promoter, profitability, Service Excellence, and drives a safe and healthy environment in accordance with HESS protocols.
- Actively ensures that beverage service teammates in the assigned bar locations are always acting as company ambassadors and displaying a positive and professional demeanor.
- Drives the Service Excellence culture and platform by monitoring Bar Steward, Jr. Bar Steward & Utility F&B performance in their venue, providing guidance as needed, and engaging with guests to ensure their satisfaction with the beverage product and service.
- Understands the setup, product and service expectations of their respective area and immediately rectifies any shortfalls that would have a negative impact on the guest experience.
- Partners with the Bar Supervisor to action guest feedback from all platforms and develop a plan of action for immediate service recovery or remedial plan of action to improve service.
- Takes full ownership of any negative service interactions brought to their attention and ensures a timely, effective, and personalized service recovery takes place, documenting and escalating each case through the appropriate channels
- Oversees the execution of the guest bar and specialty coffee experience in their assigned venue in alignment with the shipboard leaders.
- Ensures that all beverages served are visually appealing and service is in line with company standards.
- Prepares and consistently maintains a clean, sanitized and fully stocked bar venue and ensures any damages to equipment, fixtures or furnishings are reported immediately and rectified in a timely manner.
- Drives beverage sales performance and promotions and ensures they and their teammates are actively upselling and promoting all Specialty Dining venues while maintaining a guest-centric approach.
- Ensures guest orders are promptly and accurately processed through the onboard POS system.
- Accountable for all beverage stock held in the assigned location, and conducts inventory accounts as directed, following company guidelines and investigates variances in a timely manner.
- Helps minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment.
- Mentors the beverage services team through coaching, training, and ongoing development to support career progression.
- Clearly communicates any performance issues to the Bar Supervisor or Bar Manager in a timely manner.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Preferably a graduate of a recognized Hotel/Bar operation or bar school.
- Two years of experience in hospitality/cruise-related bartender positions.
- Experience and knowledge of USPH, the Beverage Industry, specializing in Wines, Cocktails, Spirits and all other beverage-related products including the service execution of all of the above.
- Excellent man-management and Bartending skills, able to develop and motivate and lead a large team.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions which positively impact the overall guest experience.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.