Assistant Boutique Manager
- MSC Cruises
- Retail Jobs
- Assistant Shop Manager
- May 19, 2023
The Assistant Boutique Manager supports the Boutique Manager with maximizing revenue by monitoring, driving & analysing sales results and developing increasingly effective marketing strategies, dependant on canvas and passenger demographic, whilst leading, developing and supporting the team to achieve or exceed pre-set sales budgets every cruise, through consistent, documented mentoring and coaching.
The Assistant Boutique Manager also effectively manages all retail operations on board, including: marketing & sales strategies, personnel development, inventory control procedures.
The Assistant Boutique Manager main responsibilities include:
- to manage event plans for the entire cruise, by coordinating events and promo-tables set up and related marketing (signages, hand-outs, daily special, announcements) and report to the Boutique Manager results.
- to ensure compliance with Marketing Calendar from Shore-based Headquarter and Model Store guidelines, reporting spending habits or preferences.
- to train and coach Boutique Associates s & Category Specialists on effective selling skills, using checklist and coaching logs.
- to manage daily sales operation including control of checks, staff rotation, stock replenishment and relevant inventory control procedures.
- to ensure compliance of all inventory control procedures (Operational Calendar, managers handovers, staff rotation, perpetual inventories, daily cigarettes count, main store check) and maintain Inventory log for Profit Protection Manager.
- to manage end-to-end receiving of stock on board and lockers maintenance to corporate guideline standards
- to train and coach Boutique Associates & Category Specialists on effective loss prevention procedures, using checklist and coaching logs.
- to ensures compliance with monthly damages procedures (expiring protocol, B&S, raffle give aways).
Fluent English and at least another language, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
High School Graduate;
At least 3 years' experience as Boutique Manager on board of cruise ships;
Excellent customer service and leadership skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively;
Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads and shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
Posses a valid passport and, when possible, a seaman book.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.
Share this page: