Assistant Photo Manager
- Royal Caribbean Group
- Photography Jobs
- Assistant Photo Manager
- May 2, 2023
This position reports to the Photo Manager and oversees all other positions within the Photo Department. The Assistant Photo Manager position oversees customer service, sales, staff training, administrative responsibilities and will be expected to cover absences of the Photo Manager.
Reporting directly to the Photo Manager, the Assistant Photo Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the department’s operations. The Assistant Photo Manager also assists the Photo Manager in all areas of team development and training, developing and introducing new products and initiatives, ensuring consistent delivery of all Photo Department products and services and driving revenue and guest satisfaction in all department areas to achieve budgeted goals, with some involvement in day-to-day administration.
- TheAssistant Photo Manager is also expected to be able to cover the Photo Managerand Photo Lab Technicians duties during absences.
- This positiondescription in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to beperformed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-relatedduties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilitiesare to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality andEnvironmental standards.
- Ensure all photographsare ready in a timely manner, and ensure the Photo Gallery display is keptneat, organized and presentable at all times, as per Standard OperatingProcedures
- Maintain sufficientretail and consumable supply inventories in the Photo Gallery at all times,accurately report inventory levels on a per cruise basis, complete Inventorypaperwork for submission to corporate office, and handle all required inventorymovements onboard
- Follow retailplanograms, merchandising practices and promotion initiatives in accordancewith company procedures and using accurate pricing and marketing materials.
- Work with the PhotoManager to develop an effective sales and promotion strategy each cruise.
- Prepare and ensureexecution of all advertising inserts, coupons, digital and printed signage andother promotional material in coordination with the overall sales and promotionstrategy agreed with the Photo Manager
- Conduct regulartraining sessions with team members in photography, sales and customer service,and retail product knowledge.
- Process all outsourcedretail orders in a timely manner.
- Follow up on any guestrequests/customer service issues referred from shore-side
- Conduct educationalseminars for guests to promote Photo Department services and products
- Take ownership of andhandle effectively any guest requests (onboard or shore-side referrals), complaintsand questions (photo department and general shipboard issues) at any time
- Regularly reviewservice procedures, and proactively find ways to improve service levels andprevent customer service issues from arising
- Monitor team timesheetsfor accuracy and compliance with company regulations
- Photograph any eventsas required
- Protect all companyinventory and equipment through proper handling and security procedures at alltimes
- Ensure departmentalcompliance to all hotel practices and shipboard policies by reporting to thedepartment head any non-compliant practices
- Maintain familiaritywith the Safety and Quality Management System and all applicable shipboard anddepartment Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the adherence of all PhotoDepartment operations to these standards.
- Minimum 12 months of experience in Shipboard Photo Operationsrequired.
- Thoroughknowledge of the Cruise Line’s environmental policy relating to Photo Laboperations is essential.
- Abilityto conduct training sessions at all levels including one on ones and large groups.
- Abilityto effectively deal with internal and external guests, some of whom willrequire high levels of discretion, patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Understandingof how to deliver excellent customer service including problem resolution andachievement of service quality goals.
- Applicant must haveadvanced computer literacy, knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop andbe able to operate other advanced computer systems, touch-screen kiosks andperform basic computer troubleshooting procedures.
- Must be able to work independently andfunction under pressure in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment forextended periods.
- Must possess the skills of a matureself-starter, look for opportunities for continuous improvement in overall photooperations and ability to inspire and motivate.
- Must enjoy working withthe public in a busy, active and sometimes noisy environment.
Excellent ability to read and writeEnglish to understand and interpret written procedures and write operationalprocedures, policies, and manuals. This includes the ability to give andreceive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively andcordially present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors,and co-workers.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly requiredto stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by thisjob include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Extensivetravel from ship to ship with varying accommodations and resting opportunitiesrequire good health. Active management of health through diet and exercise is akey for prolonged success in the position.
Allshipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergencylifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as wellas full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and giveinstructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to liftand/or move up to 50 pounds.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!
Share this page: