Photo Lab Tech
- Royal Caribbean Group
- Photography Jobs
- May 2, 2023
Reporting to the Photo Manager and the Assistant Photo Manager, the Photo Lab Technician is responsible for the day to day running of the Photo Lab; producing images and prints of the highest quality; maintenance of all photo equipment and systems; setup of, and safety within, portrait studios; and quality control, with some involvement in training and day-to-day business administration.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Reporting to the Photo Manager this role requires overseeing all aspects of the production process for the Photo Department and assisting with the running of all daily photo operations to ensure both revenue and guest satisfaction is maximized in order to exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensure all photographs are edited and printed in a timely manner, to the highest quality
- Monitor team andindividual image quality and image count performance, provide feedback to themanagement team, and coach team members as required to create improvement andidentify successors
- Perform all requiredmaintenance procedures on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, and report anyproblems to the Photo Manager immediately; troubleshoot and fix problems asthey arise to maintain department operating capability
- Work with internal andexternal technicians through email, phone calls and in-person, to troubleshoot,diagnose and fix technical problems.
- Monitor, troubleshootand fix technical problems with digital photo kiosks, digital remote capturesystems and other advanced technology, with the assistance of the onboard ITTeam
- Supervise all portrait studioset-up operations, ensuring all studios are set up correctly, safely, and areopen on time
- Complete allEnvironmental tests, paperwork and reporting as required and liaise with theEnvironmental Officer to coordinate inspections, silver tests and waste removal
- Complete daily andweekly Image Count report paperwork, materials inventory, and any otherreporting administration required by the Photo Manager
- Maintain an accurateequipment inventory, carry out regular checks and ensure all equipment securityprocedures are followed to protect company inventory at all times.
- Monitor and maintainphoto lab supply levels, placing orders for timely replenishment, and completephysical inventory counts and reports for Photo Manager on a per cruise basis
- Ensure media cards arehandled appropriately, always accounted for, and image file security is alwaysmaintained
- Photograph any eventsas required
- Assist in the PhotoGallery with sales and customer service when required
- Follow traineddepartmental and shipboard environmental rules and regulations, including useof Personal Protective Equipment, whenever necessary.
- Minimum 12 months of experience in Shipboard Photo Operations required.
- Applicantmust have advanced computer literacy, knowledge of and experience usingMicrosoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and beable to operate/troubleshoot and maintain other advanced computer systems suchas photo booths, touch-screen kiosks, database systems and perform basiccomputer and photo printer troubleshooting procedures.
- Thoroughknowledge of the Cruise Line’s environmental policy relating to Photo Laboperations is essential.
- Ability to deliver feedback and conducttraining sessions at all levels including one on ones and large groups
- Ability to effectively deal withinternal and external guests, some of whom will require high levels ofdiscretion, patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate effectively withmanagers, shipboard and shore-side employees to give feedback and resolveproblems.
- Must be able to work independently andfunction under pressure in a deadline oriented, fast paced environment forextended periods.
Excellent ability to read and writeEnglish in order to understand and interpret written procedures and writeoperational procedures, policies and manuals. This includes the ability to giveand receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively andcordially present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisorsand co-workers.
While performingthe duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand;walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk orhear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depthperception and ability to adjust focus
Extensive travelfrom ship to ship with varying accommodations and resting opportunities requiregood health. Active management of health through diet and exercise is a key forprolonged success in the position.
All shipboardemployees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesavingprocedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as fullvisual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and giveinstructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering oflifeboats. The employee must have theability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds:
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!
Share this page: