Rigging Support Staff
- Royal Caribbean Group
- Entertainment Jobs
- Stage Staff / Rigger / Automation Technician
- May 22, 2023
The Stage Staff Rigging Support (STRG) assists the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) with the setup, operation and breakdown of the production and entertainment programs, and is also responsible for regular maintenance and inspection of the Foy Flying Equipment and stage rigging systems under the direction of the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s). The STRG must always display a safety conscious mindset while performing all duties. The aforementioned duties must be performed in addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Technical Stage Staff (STAT).
Works closely with, and under the supervision of, the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) by assisting with the installation, operation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and safeguarding of all onboard entertainment rigging equipment and implementation, documentation and ensuring compliance with the AMOS rigging inspection program.
Must be able to work safely with various rigging disciplines including, but not limited to, stage automation, automated performer flying rigging systems, manual rigging systems and various performer flying apparatuses and maintains the artisitic standards and intentions of the produced entertainment as originally designed and installed.
During show performances, the rigging support staff will assist the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) with the rigging requirements to safely run the produced entertainment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum three years Professional Theater set-up experiences or equivalent including carpentry, electrical, conventional and moving light operation, and basic lighting maintenance, basic sound engineering and knowledge of pyrotechnics preferred
• Successful completion of ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL PROVIDED Foy operator basics training certificate required- THIS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH YOUR FIRST CONTRACT. Completion of training or equivalent stage/arena rigging courses such as Jay Glerum, Harry Donovan, Bill Sapsis, Tomcat preferred.
• Riggers assigned to work in the aqua theater on the OA-class ships will be required to complete the PADI open water dive certification for the purpose of supporting maintenance and wet inspections.
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging, maintenance and inspections including hemp or counterweight rigging, automated systems, winch/motorized rigging, ground rigging, high steel, and rock climbing are preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated and manual rigging systems.
Basic programming knowledge of PC/PLC based systems preferred. Working knowledge of Windows NT, Word, and Excel.
- Familiar with current PC and PLC stage technologies and rigging operations.
- Well versed in various software applications applicable to entertainment technology.
PHYSICAL, VISION AND HEARING REQUIREMENTS
- Physical: Must pass the company required medical evaluation. Additionally, must be able and comfortable to work at height ( i.e. 20 – 100 feet off the floor) for extended periods of time.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information to subordinates and colleagues.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!
Share this page: