Fireman MSC Cruises
- MSC Cruises
- Deck Jobs
- March 18, 2023
The Fireman is responsible for the constant fire surveillance of the ship and co-operates with the Chief Fireman for the maintenance and cleanliness of firefighting equipment.
- By mutual arrangement with the Safety Officer, the fireman must be on board the vessel at any time the Chief Fireman is absent from the ship, minimum safe manning must be granted on board while the vessel is in port;
- Follow the daily instructions of the Safety Officer concerning methods and procedures for the maintenance of fire fighting equipment and structural devices;
- Perform all duties in accordance with acceptable standards avoiding wastage of materials;
- Work in co-operation preparing all means of access on board (ladders, gangways, etc.) respecting all injury prevention rules related to them.
- Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English;
- Ability to speak, read and write in other major European languages is an advantage.
Possess a valid passport seaman book and Advance Firefihting Course
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.
Share this page: