Assistant Spa Manager for The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
- V.Ships Leisure
- Spa & Beauty Jobs
- Spa Manager
- March 22, 2023
- Rank: Spa Manager
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Joining Date: Jan 1, 2023
- Type of Vessel:
- Engine Details: .
- DWT / GRT: 1740
JOB TITLE: Assistant Spa Manager
DEPARTMENT: Spa & Wellness
REPORTS TO: Spa Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Spa & Beauty Therapists
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Managing the day-to-day operation of the Spa and Wellness facility, the Assistant Spa Manager ensures the successful service delivery of the Gold Standards, upholding its world-renowned brand reputation whilst creating a positive and memorable guest experience. Supporting the Spa Manager, this position oversees all service, treatment and product standards as well as identifying training needs for the Spa Ladies and Gentlemen. Additionally, the Assistant Spa Manager may be required to provide Spa treatments and services to Spa guests in accordance with the Gold Standards and the Spa SOP protocols, including but not limited to facials, different massage techniques, body treatments, manicure, pedicure and any other Spa treatments outlined in the Spa Menu, if certified to do so.
The Assistant Spa Manager will act on behalf of the Spa Manager during their absence and will always lead by example and play a key role when it comes to implementing revenue maximization initiatives, achieving set targets / budgets and providing guidance, training and coaching to all the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spa towards financial success and the highest guest satisfaction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Oversees the daily operation of the Spa & Wellness facility including the Treatment rooms, Barber, Salon, Gym and Fitness rooms, changing rooms, relaxation area and the Spa terrace
- Handles guest services, requests, feedback and complaints
- Leads, coaches, motivates and provides regular training to the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Spa and Wellness team
- Responsible for all guest facing and Spa Reception duties, including but not limited to guest check-in /check-out, opening / closing of the Spa, end of day / voyage reconciliation, guest enquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility
- Organizes, conducts and monitors regular training plans for all team members, including new joiners. Coordinates with Spa Manager to develop and suggest new trainings necessary for any identified opportunities.
- Assists the Spa Manager in monitoring the financial performance of the Spa and Wellness operation providing solutions to improve problem areas and assisting in implementing corrective measures for accurate tracking and analysis
- Responsible to lead the Spa and Wellness areas during the Spa Manager’s absence
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities
- Occasionally, if necessary, provides massage, face, beauty and body treatments for guests in accordance with the company's standards, including but not limited to facials, different massage techniques, body treatments, manicure, pedicure and any other Spa treatments outlined in the Spa Menu
- Responsible to ensure that staffing and scheduling are efficiently planned in accordance with MLC
- Stays informed of the latest Spa and Wellness trends
- Ensures the treatment rooms, Spa and Wellness areas are fully operational and replenished as per brand standards, as well as all equipment is sterilized, clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Ensures the Ladies and Gentlemen are fully knowledgeable on the use and benefits of the Spa services, products, programs, and activities and conducts weekly training sessions on service, standards and products
- Ensures the Ladies and Gentlemen conduct a Health Consultation prior to each Spa service and have a luxury approach to sales when providing a recommendation for services and products
- Monitors guest satisfaction daily particularly after treatments, politely engaging with each guest to address any comment, suggestion or change that may need to be applied to any Spa protocol, service or product, or addressed individually with a team member. Owns and immediately resolves guest problems
- Ensures efficient communication practices with the Spa Manager, Spa team and other departments are in place for a smooth operation and to drive the highest guest satisfaction
- Conducts daily Spa & Wellness walk-throughs, monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venue and immediately acts on it as well as notifies the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required
- Conducts inventory counts at the end of each voyage, implements cost control procedures and ensures procedures are followed by all team members of the Spa and Wellness
- Monitors product usage, retail and professional stock levels and plans all necessary orders in accordance with itinerary and supplier lead times
- Fosters a positive, motivating and engaging working environment and leads by example in enlivening the company’s culture daily
- Suggests Spa activations, ensures that Spa events are properly and timely planned, organized and scheduled by coordinating with all Ladies and Gentlemen and departments involved
- Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints, or service difficulties to the Spa Manager
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behaviour, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Minimum of two (2) years Luxury Spa Manager / Director or three (3) years Assistant Spa Management Experaince in a luxury property or cruise
- An internationally accredited Diploma of Beauty Therapy/Aesthetics
- International ITEC, NVG, CIDESCO or CIBTAC diploma highly recognized
- Strong knowledge and experience in a luxury Spa hotel and/or luxury cruise industry
- Experience in treatment training within a luxury Spa environment
- Strong focus on guest service and experience as well as a primary focus on the health and wellness industry with the ability to recommend and confidentially talk about guest requirements
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
As one of the Ladies and Gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection, you are the most important asset in our service commitment to our guests. By joining us, as we not only meet but also exceed our guests’ expectations, you embody the legendary service that makes us a leading luxury brand. To bring our vision to life, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection has exclusively partnered with V.Ships Leisure for recruiting our Ladies and Gentlemen.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
- Housekeeping Jobs (116)
- Galley Jobs (358)
- Restaurant Jobs (117)
- Beverages Jobs (80)
- Provisions Jobs (26)
- Deck Jobs (83)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (119)
- Guest Services Jobs (92)
- Retail Jobs (36)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (47)
- Child Care Jobs (9)
- Entertainment Jobs (183)
- Photography Jobs (25)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (43)
- Medical Jobs (16)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (21)
- Casino Jobs (22)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (41)
- Administration Jobs (57)
- Land Based Jobs (28)
- Other Cruise Jobs (133)
- Private Estate Jobs (16)
Share this page: