Who we are
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People Strategy, we believe in empowering our employees with outstanding training and developmental support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position
The General Seller, key for the onboard revenue department, is fully aligned to the Company revenue strategy acting as a focal point to illustrate and propose services and products offered onboard to meet the different needs of guests. This role helps business owners to push sales, maximize activation redemption, reach targets and support the overall revenue activity. The General Seller scouts potential customers by using a push and pull strategy and directly sells products and services or pivots passengers towards different business owners to support and increase their performance. This role knows the guest mix, the complete onboard offer, and uses suitable storytelling to let guests discover the onboard offer generating a desire to experience new things, increase their spending willingness, and enrich their overall experience onboard. The General Seller, present at different touch points around the ship, boosts onboard revenue through cross-selling and up-selling techniques. The General Seller is proactive and proposes new ideas to the Sales Director. The General Seller fosters a collaborative spirit with all departments within hotel operations, while personally exhibiting the Costa Values and Culture Essentials.
Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building a relationship of trust with guests to enrich their cruise and make it memorable.
- Acting as onboard products and services consultant and point of reference for the guests.
- Updating and using all available communication tools to present products and services to guests.
- Improving onboard guest experience being a “human touch” enabler, highlighting and promoting the value of the offers towards guests.
- Promoting offers guests are particularly interested in, illustrating the main features according to their expectation.
- Enriching guests’ onboard experience by offering them the right product or service at the right time.
- Using a simple and direct style and language tailored to the addressee to transmit passion and authenticity during storytelling.
- Resolving guests’ objections using the appropriate techniques.
- Helping guests decide about specific services or products performing the booking and closing the selling operation.
- Knowing retail activities and key areas that impact sales and productivity such as: visual display, staffing, asset protection, process optimization, etc.
- Monitoring sales targets and objectives supporting the departments in reaching them.
- Taking an active part in onboard revenue meetings held by the Sales Director.
- Proactively proposing new ideas to the Sales Director to boost products or services.
- Facilitating a work environment that supports a successful safety culture. Responsible for ensuring that the team implements and maintains an effective HESS management system. Enforcing and promoting Safety procedures in the team/Department under responsibility.
- Secondary school diploma or degree in tourism, languages, or humanities and at least 1 year experience in Retail/Sales with good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving oriented
- Customer Service oriented
- English knowledge C1
- Italian knowledge C1
- Additional European Language (among French, German, Spanish, Portuguese) level B2
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?