International Art Sales & Auctioneer
Park West Gallery is one of the world’s largest art galleries, bringing high quality artwork directly to people since 1969. We operate on over 90 cruise ships on over 5 cruise lines all around the world. We believe Art is for Everyone, whether you know a little or a lot about art, you can find something you love!
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven, and adventurous folks to join our art teams onboard. You’ll start as an ‘Art Associate’ working with clients and supporting your team, working your way up to ‘Art Auctioneer’ where you will conduct auctions, seminars, and lead your team.
On any given day, you will:
- Interact with cruise ship passengers, chatting to them about their day and about artwork that has caught their eye
- Setup art displays of up to 300 artworks on auction days
- Work alongside a close-knit team of 4-8 art team members
- Engage in consultative one-on-one sales conversations
- Create marketing material for distribution
- Give presentations, seminars, and/or cruise ship announcements
- Assist with admin such as inventory and paperwork
- Positive attitude, enjoyment in meeting others
- Ability to balance professionalism with approachability
- Appreciation for beauty, art, and luxury goods
- Grit: ability to roll up your sleeves and get hard work done; go-getter
- Ability to live and work on a cruise ship for 6 months at a time, sharing a cabin with another art team member (but Auctioneers get their own cabin!)
- Must be 21 years or older to work onboard
- Public speaking experience
- Luxury sales experience
Training and Development:
Park West fosters a culture of development, always believing in getting 1% better everyday by challenging yourself, and your team, to be the best it can be. We offer a 10-day training prior to working onboard where we’ll teach you the building blocks of the job, as well as introduce you to some of our star artists to learn about what inspires them. By coming to our advanced training sessions yearly, you’ll continue to learn from industry leaders how to be the best.
You’ll work as an Independent Contractor onboard, working alongside art team members and other cruise workers from dozens of nationalities.This opportunity naturally allows you to travel the world for free while developing sales, marketing, and business skills.
You’ll work about 6 months onboard with a 5 week vacation following, after which you’ll return back for another 6 month work period followed by 5 week vacation, and so on.
This is a work-hard, play-hard lifestyle; fast-paced and full action! Not everyday will be long and trying, but everyday is a work day. If you can’t miss your nightly TV program or live for lazy Sundays, this isn’t the job for you.
Sounds wonderful! How do I apply?
Please complete an application, making sure to answer every question thoughtfully, making sure we get to know YOU! Remember, we make art - something that can be intimidating or misunderstood - fun and approachable. We want to see your personality and why you think you’d be a great fit.