This position is responsible for supervising the security staff during ship gangway operations as well as deterring and/or effectively responding to shipboard incidents involving violations of the Guest Conduct Policy or other shipboard incidents as required by the Master. The Security Officer will provide a highly visible security presence, that enhances the overall guest vacation experience by reducing the frequency and/or severity of incidents. The Security Officer will be responsible for security and safety related training for the security staff and crew.
The following outlines the minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job of Security Officer.
- A Security Officer is expected to be a skilled manager with security experience in the following areas:
- Armed Forces
- Maritime Security
- Aviation Security
- Private Security Contracting
- Law Enforcement
- Hotel/Hospitality security
- The Security Officer should possess excellent leadership ability, organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A high level of English communication skills and experience/training in crowd management and customer relations, principally relying on non-aggressive, non-lethal forms of conflict resolution and crowd control
- Ability to patrol in a none-routine manner, maintaining a high level of visibility and effectively dealing with escalating issues. When necessary, utilize defensive tactics and hand-to-hand skills to control or escort hostile persons. Recognize, preserve and properly document evidence.
- Ability to diplomatically or, if necessary, physically deal with guests in tense, adversarial or confrontational situations.
- A level of physical fitness which permits the use of physical control and restraint techniques if needed.
- A well-groomed, physical appearance and demeanor that establishes a presence that serves as an incident-deterrent as well as a reassurance to guests.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, processes and strategies to promote effective security.
- Ability to work effectively with other in a multicultural environment.
- Managerial and organizational skills combined with literacy and knowledge of computers is very important for this position
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German or any other language is preferred.
How to apply?
Apply thru https://rclctrac.com/pages/description/3213/no or click 'APPLY' from this post
Upload your Photo and updated Resume
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!