To ensure the maintenance and conservation of the vessel's upholstery, carpets, wallpapers, and other related elements
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of furniture of guests and crew accommodations, not limited to public areas, bars, theatre, lounges, restaurants, bars, and all other venues throughout the ship.
- Responsible for upholstery equipment, inventory, and consumables.
- Assists guests with repairing broken luggage, bags, shoes etc. as required by the Guest Services Manager
- Participates in safety drills and responds to any emergency that requires participation.
- Wear the prescribed uniform, protective clothes, badge, and insignia.
- Follow health and safety regulations.
- Comply with the port minimum safe manning, to ensure that the ship safety and security is sufficiently, effectively, and efficiently manned.
- Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English. Proficiency in other language(s) is a plus.
- Aptitude for basic mathematics in calculating proportions, ratios, and measurements.
- Knowledge of materials, and the tools involved in construction or repair.
- Excellent Knowledge in sewing, carpeting, wallpapering, textiles, and other related topics.
- Excellent attention to detail, practical and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant knowledge in carpentry.
- Ability to perform finishing upholstery with acceptable quality standards while producing the least possible waste of material. Experience
- Minimum of three years professional experience as a skilled tailor/upholsterer
- Flexibility and open-mindedness to be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Possess a valid passport and seaman book.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.