Entertainment Media Specialist
*Note: This job is to work onboard our ships*
*Be ready to provide a video reel link showcasing your videography and editing work for consideration**
The Entertainment Media Specialist (EMS) operates shipboard video media systems, including onboard Broadcast Television, ship wide video distribution and playback in entertainment venues, Production Show Elements, Coolux video systems, video projection, LED video walls, and networking of all systems related to video and media. The Entertainment Media Specialist accomplishes this by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- On a daily basis, communicates with the Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist to review the requirements of the day’s events and timeframes.
- Ensures necessary video equipment is prepared on time for all events based on event requirements.
- Executes the daily work schedule of video systems operations as per posted schedules
- Ensures television programming is scheduled and aired daily as planned. Confers with Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist on TV programming schedule and recorded events.
- Uses approved sources for television & video programming.
- Ensures quality control over all TV and video channels via ongoing monitoring and adjustment of incoming and outgoing signals for clarity, reliability and signal strength.
- Assists to maintain Broadcast Control Center, ship wide TV system, Coolux & other video servers, projection, and LED videowall equipment. Communicates with Head Broadcast Technician or Head Entertainment Media Specialist on inventory of spare parts requirement.
- Understands and operates overall Broadcast Control Center operations, including video servers, routing systems, patch bays, network infrastructure, QAM and IPTV encoding systems, video cameras, video switching, video editing systems and satellite TV systems.
- Performs production shoots in conjunction with the Cruise Director. Operates video recording equipment to record production and related shows onboard.
- Assists other users of public space television display systems on proper use and maintenance of equipment, i.e.: training a manager how to use the equipment in his/her area.
- Shoots, edits and produces shoreside approved commercials to promote onboard revenue areas. Shoots, edits and produces approved onboard video content.
- Reviews equipment for maintenance needs, updates maintenance logs and coordinates shipment when repairs are needed.
- Clean, store and preform preventive maintenance of broadcast equipment.
- Ongoing training and practice of onboard video systems to increase competency.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Trains and familiarize new hire Entertainment Media Specialist to strengthen performance and preparation for possible promotions and emergency backup needs
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- 2-3 years television broadcast or video production verifiable experience.
- Knowledge of broadcast, video productions and technical television operations. This includes producing, directing, shooting and editing of short formats, commercial, documentary or feature length style programming.
- Ability to edit on Professional non-linear video editing system required.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required
- Bachelors or Associates in TV or video productions/operations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Full competency in Avid video editing software.
- Ability to operate portable, studio and remotely controlled professional video cameras.
- Knowledge of Live TV directing, call and switch live multiple camera programs, TV programming, scheduling and traffic.
- Knowledge of Serial Digital Interface (SDI) video and related audio components required.
- Ability to operate Mac and Windows computer platforms and familiar with a variety of Adobe products such a Photoshop, After Effects or Illustrator software.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations for management of various broadcast & video systems
- Operational knowledge of video projection systems to including lamp based and laser-based projections, the maintenance and troubleshooting thereof, and basic configuration required.
- Knowledge of LED videowalls, the maintenance and troubleshooting thereof, and basic configuration required.
- Knowledge of Coolux video server systems, the maintenance and troubleshooting thereof, and basic configuration required.
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and IP communications preferred.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the video programming service operation.
- Ability to communicate tactfully wit department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Well versed in various software applications applicable to entertainment technology preferred
- Must have knowledge of different cables and broadcast equipment.
- Must be up to date with latest broadcast technology.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guests or other crew members.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
PHYSICAL, VISION AND HEARING REQUIREMENTS
- Physical: Must pass the company required medical evaluation.
- Vision: Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information to subordinates and colleagues.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Therefore, the ability to lift
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!